Pump Deal!!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

orkneyak2

Reaction score
Hi there,

I am gathering, (very very slowly) parts for my first AG Brewery

What is the forum opinion of this Pump

http://www.screwfix.com/p/900w-dirty-water-pump/62618

Because I have a feeling, (Match the profile here) http://www.screwfix.com/jsp/landing.jsp?id=DealoftheDay

That it will be on Offer from Screwfix from tomorrow for 1 day only with a 20% discount making it around the £60 mark.

I have reservations about it being too powerful for brewing uses though, but stainless head and plug in and use makes it tempting.

evanvine said:
orkneyak2 said:
I have reservations about it being too powerful for brewing uses though
22mm by-pass should do the trick!

I am assuming this is a loop formed by a t piece with a control valve, from the output side to the intake side with possably a non return valve in it?, to dump some of the force of the pump?

It only has a maximum operating water temp of 35c unfortunately so would be any good for anything hot.

graysalchemy said:
It only has a maximum operating water temp of 35c unfortunately so would be any good for anything hot.

Ahhh missed the temp rating, NPS i'll keep looking!

I have looked at the solar pumps, and T.B.H I would rather pay a little more for something with a bit more longevity and less faffing around with voltage changes, via transformer or battery.

this might be worth a punt not 100% what model it is though, decent price for a march may though.

these are rated to 125 deg C though but will need a mod to (housing or similar) to use. but at £30 each doable

UP

Evening UP,
Hope you are well. Tell us a bit more about mods needed to those March May VSP jobbies at 30 notes. ;)
S
P.S. That Pedi clone recipe you recommended a while back was a winner :thumb:

unclepumble said:
this might be worth a punt not 100% what model it is though, decent price for a march may though.

these are rated to 125 deg C though but will need a mod to (housing or similar) to use. but at £30 each doable

UP

that is just what I need to replace the knackered recirc pump in my beer chiller, thanks :thumb:

LoL i was right it £59 quid today till 21:00 tonight, shame its no use............................. :cry:

that is just what I need to replace the knackered recirc pump in my beer chiller, thanks
After quite a few e-mails with the E-bay seller over the last couple of weeks I think these pumps are the VSP3 model and may well not fit in a lot of smaller flash coolers, as they are 332mm in length. If so, they are the larger brother to the VSP1 which 80mm shorter in length, the VS3 is also a lot more powerful.
Having said that, a fine pump for very little money :cool:

For pump info see here

Latest posts

Back