quick question

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

86coz

Reaction score
just wondering i am brewing a wine kit (carafe 21)
i have read some where that genltine adds body to a brew is this correct and at which point would i add it.
also what does Glycerin do in a bew :grin:

If you mean gelatine, no, it's a type of finings which may help clear a brew, but your kit probably includes something better.

Glycerine smooths a wine and improves ‘mouth feel’. Add at any stage at the rate of one teaspoonful to the gallon, 5ml to 5 litres.

Moley said:
If you mean gelatine, no, it's a type of finings which may help clear a brew, but your kit probably includes something better.

Glycerine smooths a wine and improves ‘mouth feel’. Add at any stage at the rate of one teaspoonful to the gallon, 5ml to 5 litres.

great thanks...is the glycerine the type you buy at boots,i take it this will be more for a homemade wine rather than a bought kit :grin:

same stuff and cheaper from chemist than homebrew shop. I use it at 25 g per gallon. Its thick, so mix well with some of the brew before adding. Its slightly sweet. I've never used it with the carafe 21 wines as they taste quite good anyway but are better if left for about a month before drinking. I always use a 20 litre polypin rather than bottles

Latest posts

Back