Rabbie's King Robert IPA

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabbie

Reaction score
Bit delayed with this one; I was planning on getting it done at the weekend but decided to wait for a delivery:

DSC_0835.jpg

I'm doing Dunfie's King Robert IPA (http://thehomebrewforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=6948&p=82027&hilit=king+robert#p82027) with a few changes where I couldn't get the same ingredients:

5kg pale malt
0.5 kg wheat malt

East Kent Goldings instead of challenger.

The new tun in action:

DSC_0837.jpg

I'll need to do a big beer and use all that space next time...

DSC_0839.jpg

Mashed and collected the wort last night and got the boil on now. First hops are in and going well so far. :thumb:
I'll be getting some measurements taken and an order for a false bottom in soon, then no more upgrades :whistle:

great looking tun - where did you get it i`m after something that size in the future :thumb:

Thanks Tony, just cooling now.

I got the cooler off ebay, couldn't find anything similar here and didn't fancy drilling myself...40 quid, but postage was the same again. There might be a cheaper option in the UK though, check with uncle puddle, he's got a 5 gallon one.
I've just got the ball valve (hose tap) connected straight onto the stripped flexi connector on the inside, there's just enough thread so I didn't need to bother with a tank connector.

Need to get another brew planned so I can use it again!

Cheers rabbie - i plan to brew that recipe in the future sometime, dunfie was really pleased with it and its sounds very nice :cool:

rabbie said:
. There might be a cheaper option in the UK though, check with uncle puddle, he's got a 5 gallon one.

Its Unclepumble although I have been described as puddled on more than one occasion :rofl:

£44 quid delivered on ebay, from a UK seller just search on ebay, and they are very very good for mashing in and hold temp very well.

UP

Latest posts

Back