Real Wort Starters

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a go at this earlier today - I brew AG anyway so I've got plenty of grain knocking about and I can't be bothered to go and by DME so I figured why not...

It is really easy, simpler than normal as you've got a load less water to heat up and cool down after. I can see how it could be done in under an hour.

I've had some slurry in the fridge from a brew I bottled a couple of weeks ago... (similar looking to what @ceejam posted here).....

- I have my doubts as it's quite dark from all crud I get in the bottom of my FV's but maybe there's some yeast in there somewhere... nevertheless, there does seem to be a paler layer forming in the bottles (see pic in next post) so maybe it's yeast, we'll see.....

Nothing to lose as this is just an experiment/practice-go to see if I can do it - if so then I've expanded my skills, plus I've got some other "good" /purer yeast samples in the fridge I can play with... Oh god, I've turned into @MyQul haven't I..... :laugh8:

You'll be getting odd looks from security in your local supermarket next, as you hold beer bottles up to the strip lights looking for any yeast cells in the bottom (ASDA Old Kent Road are used to me now and mostly leave me alone :laugh8:)

You have no idea how excited i am this morning... clapaclapaclapaYesterday i has squished the bottles so I'd know if they were releasing CO2 athumb.. Though now i seem to have yeast growing I've no idea what to do with it :laugh8: Maybe harvest from the krausen and store it? aunsure....

20190118_072203.jpg
20190118_072147.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back