Rhubarb and peaches

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimny14

Reaction score
Hi all, I've got some tinned fruit, one of rhubarb in syrup and one of peach halves in grape juice. I'm thinking about doing something winey with them, adding grape juice, tannin etc, but wondering what the general consensus would be about firstly using these fruits to make a wine, and secondly how to do it. I'm thinkin either blitzing them all up with the hand blender, n fermenting on that, or boiling it all up with some sugar to make a syrup type thing. Any advice greatly recieved.

Oh dear me, I really don't know about this one, I think I would be inclined to throw them in a small bucket, add a litre of grape juice, perhaps half a tsp of tannin, certainly some pectolase, definitely no citric, and at a guess around 6-700g of sugar, plus yeast, nutrient and cold water to just under the gallon, start it off in the bucket for 3-4 days and then strain through a fine mesh bag (without pressing) into a DJ or PET.

Blitz it or boil it and I think you're going to end up with half a gallon of sediment.

Back