ringwoods boondoggle

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robsan77

Landlord.
Reaction score
had this once at frogham country fair a couple of years back but just got a bottle with me now. It could be because its been a while since I've drank due to illness but its lovely.

Got that nice straw like malt nose and background flavour. 5% and got body. nicely hidden alcohol. Hoppy like maybe first gold and just the right amount of fruityness. Not too much and it balances very well.

Grew up with ringwood beers but being in nottingham for the last 10 years its only now that I can really appreciate them. Great beers

I love to doggle my boon every now and then, always look forward to the start of summer when it appears again... :thumb:

i had a bottle of boondoggle last night. dont particularly go for blonde hoppy ales, prefer dark malty beers, but i fancied a change and i was very pleasantly surprised. good body but light and refreshing, nice fruity tones on a little hoppy citrus background. lovely beer :thumb:

Lovely drop!!! Not surprising with all brilliant master brewers that have worked there over the years.... Plus i might be a bit bias. It's just down the road from me!

Shame the brewery tour waiting list is soooo long. :cry: Still, at least the shops accessible :drink:

Mark1964 i too like 'rare' beers, i just stayed at a pub for 2 nights in lake district which has its own micro brewery in the pub. They sell their own home brewed ales and are the most popular sold in the pub. Luckily the owner also sells them bottled for you to take home should you want to.
The thing is, they are some of the best ales i have ever tasted and he has won award after award from CamRa for his ales. You cant buy these ales anywhere besides this pub, and its over 100 miles away from me! Maybe he will send them in the post at my expense...? Check their website Watermill inn, cumbria.

Hi stephen yes its the watermill inn at ings village, what a pub eh? Wish i had a local like this pub, they sure know how to be individual and provide a brill place for people to relax. You drink the collie wobbles? I think they have this on as a permanant ale, the rest are seasonal. Also i think that collie wobbles is the clearest beer iv ever seen!

You'd think more pubs would be like this one wouldn't ya? Like when i go to york and visit these famous little old pubs, they just don't care. The guy and his dad who own the watermill will be loaded now, and thats because they are genuine people who actually care about what they do. They deserve every success and every penny that makes them rich :thumb:

Next time I will come up to UK I will try to get some. Ringwood beers are impossible to fins abroad (mind you, they are difficult to find in the UK as well). Every time I have visitors from England I always ask for a couple of bottles of Old Thumper!!

Back