Ritchie wine finings

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
0002727_ritchies-beer-and-wine-finings-500ml.png

I cannot remember anyone discussing it and i have never seen this fining before, you may end up being the forum -

b2aeff27e85bf71b17ede68f16a97cce.jpg
:lol:

Joking aside of all the finings i have used KwiK Clear and youngs clear It have been the fastest and best.

Both are 2 part finings.

download.jpg

clearit-500x500.jpg

I use Wilko's two-part finings and the wine is always as clear as a vacuum in a couple of days. A few weeks ago I went to fine five gallons of wine, only to find that I'd run out. Ended up using some gelatine which was laying around and the wine ended up cloudier than before I added it and would not clear even after a couple of weeks. Ain't ever using gelatine again.

Keep us posted.

Has anyone got any pics of the red grape juice wow's cleared/clearing?

The RGJ/Tropical looks the same as it did after racking and adding the fining etc.
The RGJ/apple & mango looks the same (as above)
The RGJ/apples looks a bit lighter. (with finings etc)

Ive only done the white grape juice wow's before and they cleared quicker than the rgj verions.
I cant see through the demi john and racked last wed.

Think if it doesnt start clearing by mon i'll get some quick clear in it

I haven't got any pictures.

Having used several different finings i put them into two categories fast and slow, all finings should clear a wine given enough time (given enough time a wine will clear with no help from finings) but if you wanrt your wine to clear in 24 - 48 hours (you know whats coming next :lol:) then you have two choices KwiK Clear or Youngs Clear It, i am using Clear It at the moment as i can get it locally its as fast as KwiK Clear but has a shorter shelf life once opened.

Aye... Have used both of them before.

Ill see what happens with it by mon as will be re racking on wed (was loads of sediment scuzz and bits in it)

Will it be ok to add a different finings?
This is my xmas batch so not waiting on it to drink :D

If you are going to rack it and are in no rush i would give it a couple of weeks and see how it goes.

I cannot remember anyone discussing the negatives of adding more so i would say it will be fine, having said that don't blame me if you ruin it. :lol:

:doh:

Ha ha...

Ill see what happens with it over the weekend.
Might ring the home brew shop i got it from to ask the guy what he thinks (as he recommended it)

Hmmn, had a gander today and cant see much difference, maybe a bit lighter.
Its either slow working or is rubbish and clearing naturally.
Im going to rack on fri and kwik clear it i reckon.

Thats an idea Guinea pig and rose wine, i wonder if you could use an apple press to extract the Guinea pig juice mmmm

Back