rock botom brewing

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smokin

Reaction score
ill get to the point - skint - need to get a brew on be it cider etc - no kit except airlocks so how cheap can i get a brew on to give me light at the end of the tunnel by february - is turbo cider with 5l water bottles the way to go?? if i can get a couple of gallons on the go i'd be a happy chappie. lets just say 2010 hasnt got off to the greatest of starts ;)

still dreaming of me 'shineys' but until i sell my surplus fishing and ham radio gear it aint happening!!!

help me out chaps!!

atb

Chris

yeap 5L water bottles lids nearly closed, bread yeast and apple juice. cheap as chips :thumb: :cheers:

If you are looking for a cheap acceptable drink then you cant go far wrong with Turbo Cider :thumb:
Your local Farmfoods will have apple juice on offer at 2L for a quid ;)
A couple of 5 litre water bottles will do the trick as fermenters.
10 litres of 6% cider for just over a fiver :thumb:

wow that is good. i though I did well getting my all grain brwing equipment going for under £40. Then about £8 per 23litre batch

exellent - just what i wanted to hear - hey, as a bonus ive already got the bread yeast but the home made pizzas are gonna have to wait :lol: :lol:

can you keep the cider in the 5l's too to save bottling them?

and there was me having aspirations of my first brew being a/g - now its just a/g = apple grog!!! c'est la vie!!!

thanks chaps

chris

ps - sea fishing and amateur radio gear for sale if anyone interested!!

prolix said:
yeap 5L water bottles lids nearly closed, bread yeast and apple juice. cheap as chips :thumb: :cheers:
I object, that phrase is obsolete, chips ain't cheap anymore :nono:

5 litre Aqua-Pura currently 69p in Morrison's :thumb:

I wouldn't put more than 4 ltrs in the 5 ltr water bottles else you'll end up with a sticky mess.
Mind you the cider ferment doesn't produce the same amount of yeast head that an ale does.
You will also need to transfer to a clean bottle when the ferment has finished.

Is its somthing dirt cheep you after you cant go wrong with KILJU aka sugar wine. For the price of a bag of sugay you can make yourself a serious hang over.

apologies if this is o/t to an extent, but people did ask:

@rickthebrew: Ive Got a Diawa Amorphous Whisker 126 Beach rod - no reducer, shrink tube and stainless coasters. Abu 6500 sports mag reel (not sure of exact model got box downstairs ill have a look - its the metallic blue one)

also got a 15' 3 section penn beach rod*, with surfmaster 850 f/s reel
*has had 2 rings replaced - still fujis but not the same type (better ones)- windy night!!

Large Shakespeare seat box - blue with the extra padded strap

imax bag for f/s reel , imax neoprene cover for the 6500 and a imax holdall for the rods (plus the orig stiff tube for the penn rod)

sundries - the usual stuff hooks beads crimps (and) crimp tool/ braid/ teklon gold/ leader / breakaway leads - will do photos if interested

Tripod (2 rod) 6foot ally.

not sure on a price just yet - i know the AWB rod can go for silly money on a certain auction site but if i got a sensible offer for the lot..........

@jamesb - not much gear left now the hf/vhf tx's have gone so really its just a Trio R1000 receiver - not bad nick cosmetically (but not A1) - no carry handle either - excellent on rx (one of the best ive had for broadcast AM - sounds fantastic through good headphones)- i would keep it but tbh the electrical noise where i live is terrible so weak station dx is no fun anymore - crappy switched mode power supplies, plasma tv's oh, and a small mains step down transformer for the farm next to my house dont help!!! - as usual no sensible offer refused. That will just leave one scanner for the trips to wales and RAF valley in the summer!!

atb

Chris

Latest posts

Back