Rotokeg tap alternatives

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beener

Reaction score
I have an older Rotokeg with the standard turn to open knob on the tap. I am worried about how well that gets cleaned between brews? Is there a way to disassemble that type of tap to soak and clean the parts or has anyone found a suitable lever or quick serve style tap that will replace the original tap?

Well, you're my last hope. Pressure Barrels aren't a North American thing really. In fact, i think you would be hard pressed to find an LHBS that has any idea what you're talking about if you asked. I know that the general sentiment is "oh man, Rotokeg, that things is way too old!!! They are really cheap and easy to replace the whole kit, so just bin it and start over!" However, if I were to do that, I would have to buy one from the UK and then pay cubed weight shipping to get it to Canada. I would be paying to ship 40 pints of air over the ocean. Makes it not as cost eeffective to "just replace the whole thing"

I am forging ahead with my own common sense and everyone's advice because I really don't think the pressure barrel that I have warrants the garbage. Any advice would be great.
Thanks

Hi Beener, Ihave just searched in the web for you & Copper Kettle home brew sell the Rotokeg according to their website & sell replacement taps for them for about £5.00 hope this helps m8 :cheers: ken.

Yes, thanks. I have been in touch with them and will be replacing my float and likely the cap. I was just wondering if anyone had changed their pressure barrel tap away from the standard drum tap, to a lever tap.

Thanks all, great help so far.

No probs B,hope you get it sorted,I would have thought that you could change the tap for any type you wish as long as it seals & with the ammount of fittings around today it should be achievable without too much hassle. :cheers: Ken.

Latest posts

Back