SAD DAY

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had you not brewed ready for this day, to replenish your keg. Everyone knows kenny doesn't last, he's only a temporary light in our otherwise dark lifes. :thumb:

All my brewing stuff is in storage ready for my house move so cant replenish till I get moved but it will be the 1st brew done in my new brew room :thumb:

Im not sure of the whole story behind this brew but If the person this is named in respect of was as good a person as the beer then I am sure that my life would have been much richer if I had known him. I know he was highly thought of by some forum members. :thumb:

snail59 said:
It is with much sadness that I have to report that this evening I have reached the end of my Corni Keg of Kenny :cry:

That is a sad message indeed.....great brew :thumb:

Get another one on :cool:

snail59 said:
Im not sure of the whole story behind this brew but If the person this is named in respect of was as good a person as the beer then I am sure that my life would have been much richer if I had known him. I know he was highly thought of by some forum members. :thumb:

Kenny was my Uncle from the Glasgow side of my family, he was known as "Big Kenny" not through size just because they also named their first son Kenny, who is of course Little Kenny.

I came up with this recipe as a tribute to him when he passed away.

Wez said:
snail59 said:

Kenny was my Uncle from the Glasgow side of my family, he was known as "Big Kenny" not through size just because they also named their first son Kenny, who is of course Little Kenny.

I came up with this recipe as a tribute to him when he passed away.

I did not know he was a family member Wez. I wasn't sure if he had been a Forum member. I'm sorry for your loss and it is hard to find the right words so please do not take this the wrong way but your loss has been our gain as the recipe you came up with in his honour really is a cracking pint. Your uncles memory will live long in the minds of hundreds of people who never knew him. "BIG KENNY" will be brewed by many for many years to come. As I said if the man was as good as the beer I would have been pleased to have known him. I hope no offence is caused by this as none is intended.

no offence at all, thanks for the kind words :thumb:

Back