Sammy Smith's Oatmeal stout

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prodigal2

Reaction score
So this is my forth brewday in 10days, I also bagged(using the 5L wine bags with a oxygen barrier) my mild, and seeing as this used S04 I thought i would use the yeast cake to pitch on, and use as yeast vit in the boil.

20L

3.6kg pale malt
243g Crystal
243g chocolate malt
243g flaked oats
122g roast barley

50g EKG 90 min boil 30 IBU

All good I achieved 1,052OG at 19.5L :cheers:
As per usual I used the EB/Daab batch calc and the figures are plumb bob on.

I Pitched on my mild yeast cake, but 2 hours ago and its already climbing up fast. And 10mins before the end of the boil I used a couple of spoon fulls of the yeast cake to the wort.

Next up, either Snow leopard or a NS pale, in next couple of days :cheers:

I just need to get my stores ready for January, as I will be away from home in a couple of weeks and i won't be back till Jan :cry:
And by then I will NEED a beer selection. And then I will be trying to maintain my selection :pray:

Away in Jan for a few weeks you say.....stocks awaiting your return I hear.....just whereabouts do you live :twisted: :drink: :rofl:

Me...the 5th earl of Vossy...caught in P2's bar..... drinking his beer whilst he's away....surely not :twisted:

Fast show moment there :lol:

"What... with your reputation..." :rofl:

I...errr... :? live in...... the north island in NZ...... :rofl: Honest :cheers:

Back