san miguel clone

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aeddon

Reaction score
Hi

brewed up a San Miguel clone from Brewing Beers Like those You Buy

1 x lager kit 1.8 kg
15g of Hallertau hops
4 gallons water
1000 grm goldern sryup

problem is i made it up to 5 gallons, so its a diluted!!! anyway, can I rescue it? maybe using spray malt, a tad more goldern syrup adn a few more grams of hops? o or shall i brew up another batch at 3 gallons and mix it up. not sure if i want 40 liters of lager tho

any adive would be greatly appreciated

cheers

i've got absolutely zero experience with lagers, but if it were an ale I'd add more spraymalt and hops. Golden Syrup is very fermentable, so would thin the flavour.

perhaps use the extra light spraymalt until you hit the gravity you want?

within 5hrs it had a rigorious ferment going on

whats the ratio for malt exract/spray malt, for instance 500g extract = 500g of spraymalt or 250g extract = 500g spraymalt, if you get what i mean.

i could add another 250gs of goldern syrup, 4g of hops and appropriate amounts of spraymalt and see what happens

Don't worry too much add another 500g of spraymalt, this should bring the final abv up to around 4.2%
I wouldn't worry about the hops too much as they mainly add bitterness to this style of beer a few IBU's lower won't be too noticeable :thumb:

Latest posts

Back