Sarah Hughes Dark Ruby Mild

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gib

Reaction score
I've brewed this beer on a number of occasions and really like it, so I decided to do another but this time to up the volume to 50 litres. Here's the recipe (from BYO British real ale doubled up)

promashscreen.jpg

13 Kg of grain

155.jpg

Checking the mash temp

156.jpg

Temp not far off

157.jpg

Equipment all set up and ready to sparge

158.jpg

Sparging

159.jpg

Hops weighed out

161.jpg

Wort boiling away

162.jpg

Cooling the wort

163.jpg

The day went quite well apart from forgetting to attach the hop filter to the kettle before the sparge process so I had to drain the kettle into the fermenter and then jug it back in after attaching the hop filter. I've done this before so I obviously don't learn from my mistakes.

The OG was a couple of degrees below the desired 1.057 but I think I ended up with a little more than 50 litres. The brew has been in the fermenter a couple of days now and is bubbling away nicely.

Smooth looking brewday - great kit you`ve got :cool: Good to see the old clothes peg making a usefull addition to your set up :clap:

Thanks, I wanted to make the height of the sparge manifold adjustable and the clothes peg is doing a good job in stopping it slipping too low.

Latest posts

Back