Sauvignon blanc best kit out there

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

denishoffman

Reaction score
Hi folks

Im a beer man but other half is a wine lover mainly Sauvignon.
What is the best kit out there not worried about price and just want something that doesnt taste like homebrew as I did try before with one of those 7 day numbers and ended up dumping it!

Any advice much appreciated

make something with at least 10 litres of juice. I also made a 7 day job that had 5 litres of juice, (cellar 7) and it was like petrol with the amount of chemicals I could taste. disgusting...

make something with at least 10 litres of juice. I also made a 7 day job that had 5 litres of juice, (cellar 7) and it was like petrol with the amount of chemicals I could taste. disgusting...

Thanks I have decided on Kenridge Atmosphere New Zealand sauvignon which has 16l wasnt cheap so fingers crossed!

I'm getting good results with the Wilko kits.. Not just my opinion, I'm being asked for taster bottles of it..

We like the WineBuddy Sav Blanc and have made many kits, I doubt it would score highly compared to a shop bought bottle but we enjoy it.

Thanks for the suggestions the Atmosphere kit is due some point this week but I do fancy a go at a red next so thinking on the 6 bottle merlot from Wilko

The Atmosphere kit should be awesome, I've heard great things about it. In the future you might like to also try Beaverdale or California Connoisseur for white kits, all the ones I've done have stood up well to commercial wine although maybe a little generic, for example the sauvignon blanc is good but won't taste the same as an NZ one. The Pinot Grigio though was better than most (maybe all) Italian examples I've had from supermarkets. Great value kits. As for reds I find I have to spend more if I want a satisfying one than on whites otherwise they just don't have the body and tannin, despite others liking it I wasn't a big fan of my beaverdale nebbiolo as I like good body and tannin. For a good cheap red look up the threads on dried elderberry wine, no lack of colour or tannin there!

Back