Schiehallion - 17-11-13

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dunfie

Regular.
Reaction score
I've been wanting to brew Schiehallion for quite a while now but finally got my finger out to do some research and get the ingredients. I plan to get this on tomorrow morning when the house is quiet and with any luck get finished by lunchtime.

Nice one, I've been planning on making one of these for ages but not got round to it yet. Will you be lagering and what’s your fermentation plans?

looks good, hope it turns out like the original! should the date not be 17/11/13 not 17/03/13?
I might brew tomorrow aswell, might do an overnight mash tonight.

abeyptfc said:
looks good, hope it turns out like the original! should the date not be 17/11/13 not 17/03/13?
I might brew tomorrow aswell, might do an overnight mash tonight.

Good spot Abey. Changed now.

dennisking said:
Brewers yeast? is that from a brewery.

calumscott said:
dennisking said:
Brewers yeast? is that from a brewery.

That's about 15 miles from the Harviestoun Brewery... :hmm:

I'd rather not say. :whistle:

Cononthebarber said:
Nice one, I've been planning on making one of these for ages but not got round to it yet. Will you be lagering and what’s your fermentation plans?

I will ferment at 14c and then just bottle and mature in the normal way. This yeast doesn't need lagering. I'm hoping its ready for christmas holidays.

Good luck with it Dunfie, did this with WLP830, didn't lager and was at its best 6 weeks after bottling, smashing brew :thumb:

All done now. I had problems with a stuck mash that is probably down to the amount of wheat malt in the grist. So I had to empty the mash tun out to clear everything and even when I got things running again it was very slow. :roll:

Back