Second AG Wheat beer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mereside

Reaction score
Hi guys just an update i got ill over xmas so had to put off my plans of a few brews over that period, today though I was fighting fit and decided on a wheat beer.
full BIAB no sparge 90 min mash @20min 48 deg, 40min 66 deg, 30min 75.5 deg.
wheat malt 1572 grams
German pilsner 1572 grams
Tetnang hops 24 grams @ 70 min
total volume 25.31 Ltr
well I set off on my mash all good for the first mash but i made a rookie error I left the temp gauge in the holder then i noticed the front cover had melted from the heat overspill up the side of the pan, what a numpty.
anyway sent the wife out for another thermometer as my battery died on my digi one lol.
everything else went according to plan I am in the home straight now just chucked in the hops so sat waiting for it to do its magic :thumb:.
looking forward to seeing this one turn out
ps my temps at the end of each mash stage,
20 mins@ 47.5 deg
40 mins@ 64 deg
30mins @ 74.1 deg
mangrove jack m20 yeast

I think its all gone pete tong lol, no activity at all on this so can't think what I have done wrong, will give it a while longer then maybe try and pitch some more yeast, any thoughts from anyone, that will teach me to run before I can walk, atb wayne

I think its all gone pete tong lol, no activity at all on this so can't think what I have done wrong, will give it a while longer then maybe try and pitch some more yeast, any thoughts from anyone, that will teach me to run before I can walk, atb wayne

what temp did you pitch the yeast and did you hydrate first?

I'd be interested to learn how it tastes.
I love a wheat beer.

I'd be interested to learn how it tastes.
I love a wheat beer.
it smells divine, just cant wait to try this although I did make a slight booboo with my grain measurement, the recipe calculator I was using I spent ages messing with different quantity and when i saved it I never put it back to how it should have been 1696grams of wheat then 1696grams of pilsner. I will do it again this weekend so i can compare I have also got some whitelabs liquid yeast to try out too.

Latest posts

Back