Second batch of Festival Razorback IPA

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

faustino123

Reaction score
Yesterday kicked of yet another batch of this wonderful kit.
I love everything about this kit. Particularly the end result.
Plan to leave this one much longer as I've learned to be fairly patient.
Starting gravity was 1046. The first time I did this kit it started around 1040.

Was considering only adding the 50g hop bag this time. Just to see what difference it makes. Yet another reason why this is such a great kit - they make it easy to adjust the outcome by providing you with options.

Dry hopped last night with the whole 75g.
Gravity reading still a way to go. Sitting around 1030 just now.

1008 reading last night... nearly there. But still bubbling away.
My last batch stopped fermenting at 1006.

This has gone right down to 1004 this time. Moved into secondary and primed. Ready to bottle in the morning.

Hi, I'm after a bit of advice with regards to this kit.
I put one on last Tuesday but there still seems to be a large amount of frothy stuff sitting atop the brew. Is that something to worry about or should I just let it go?
I plan to hop it at the end of this week and then rack it for a week's clearing 5 days later.

Thanks.

VR

My first batch of this did have a lot of froth at the top at the beginning, but that didn't hang around too long.
I guess if everything else is fine I wouldn't worry about it. What sort of temperature is it sitting at? And is the gravity dropping?

It's sitting at 19 degrees. I was going to do a hydrometer test to check but was worried about breaking the froth.
It doesn't smell off or anything but is hanging around longer than the others I've done.

VR

Edit - I just did a hydrometer test and its dropped down to 1.200 from a week ago so it's actually going good guns I reckon. The froth/scum wasn't as thick as it looked either.

Latest posts

Back