Serving temperature

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jake122

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone could shed any light for me.

When I first take a bottle from the fridge, my homebrew tastes quite bitter. Then after 10 minutes or so that initial bitterness is gone and the flavour smooths and is more enjoyable. Testing the temperature of an IPA I just opened from the fridge, it was smooth to taste at about 13 degreesC. Colder than that, it was bitter and not as enjoyable to drink. Seems to be the same with all my brews.

Has anyone else had the same experience?

Almost certainly (with the possible exception of Lager drinkers).

Personally, I hate chilled beer and try to drink it only a few degrees below “ambient” temperature.

What you seem to be experiencing is tasting the beer, instead of allowing a chilled brew to nullify your taste buds!

Congratulations, and may you carry on with the experience for many years to come!
:hat:

Almost certainly (with the possible exception of Lager drinkers).

Personally, I hate chilled beer and try to drink it only a few degrees below “ambient” temperature.

What you seem to be experiencing is tasting the beer, instead of allowing a chilled brew to nullify your taste buds!

Congratulations, and may you carry on with the experience for many years to come!
:hat:
Thanks!

Back