Serving your beer?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tubby_shaw

Regular.
Reaction score
Ok guys mainly because I'm nosey :oops: how do you serve your beers ?
If I am brewing for myself, I will usually slightly over gas and draw off into a 2L jug for serving :) the same applies for bottles and corny kegs (saves walking up and down to the garage) :thumb:
If it's to be drunk in one go, party, BBQ etc I will make the effort to gas and dispense correctly :roll: (like commercial)
If I am using my plastic barrels I find that the gassing is adequate for ales and I can draw pints straight from the barrel :) (lots of walking tho)
How about you :?:

I store my Beer at 10C . . . with normally 10psi on the ales and 15 psi on the lagers . . . although I should reduce that as I prefer my lager to have a low degree of carbonation.

Serving through flow control taps with 3/16 line to them . . . But then I have a Kegereezer (TM) :D

If I think a beer really really deserves it then I try and rig up the beer engine with cask breather and check valve . . . but it is so much of a faff to mount it in the shed where the beer is kept that I rarely bother . . . and just keep it for special occasions. . . . .

Oh and I also have a 4 way Maxi 310 Chiller if its needed . . . Mainly BBQ's which Have to make do with A Dalex Flow Control Tap and the Beer Engine (Which has a cooling jacket driven by the 310 Python) and the python also drives the cooling for the three way tower tap

:hmm: Anyone else think I take this far too seriously :hmm:

I gas my beer to about 12 psi when I barrel then release the pressure when I serve it and keep it at 3psi.

main beers served from these taps

IMG_0585.jpg

I have insulated the cupboard with foam and heat it with a light bulb in winter and frozen ice water in plastic 4pint milk bottles in summer

test the beer using a chrome quick disconnect tap also use it on my 9l cornies when out and about with an inovations cornie gaser

have a chrome tap set in a 18l cornie for poker nights and barbies where a lot of beer will be drunk, have an old lid that I adapted for a s30 valve and use those to gas it

to show off I use a hand pump, and open the release valve so only use it when sure to drink 40 pints at a time. Changed the bar top to Oak so handpump no longer situated there

I generally now use my fake beer engine from a cornie kept in a cupboard in the living room (cold house!). Will soon fit the flash chiller into it as well. Pressure is kept at about 8psi.

If I'm out and about, I've got one of Norm's taps that can fit into any of my cornies and I use the Innovations charger for more gas.

Sometimes I'll bottle a few from cornie if I'm going somewhere where people want samples but a full cornie would be inappropriate.

In a glass with a optional 99 flake to stick in the head.
You asked! :rofl:

All of my beer is served through the beer engine (the novelty hasn't worn off yet..) the beer engine is connected to cornies via a check valve and I use a cask breather on the CO2 cylinder. The cornies are stored at 12c in the Wezzerezer that I've recently put together cornies are given 10 psi for 3 days then dropped to 5psi for serving.

I'm using a loose sparkler at the moment with my XL Bitter

28032009944.jpg
28032009947.jpg
28032009951.jpg

I serve my beer throught enodis flow control taps from a corny. I serve at 3psi, but tbh that's too much for me.
I bought a beer engine last year and I really enjoy a pint through it at 0 psi. I find carbed beer makes me really bloated and I don't enjoy that.

My main view point is, if it tastes good, and it agrees with your bowels, that's good enought for me.
I don't care what anyone else thinks, I brew for, and drink for, myself....I'm so selfish :twisted:

ive just got a 2 corny setup with the tap fitted straight on the corny so keep the serving pressure low around 2-4psi to save having a pint of froth
its at room temp at the mo but il build a chilled cupboard/bar sometime soon
just need another 4 cornys first :D

All my beer is stored in my Gamko Keg cooler at constant 8oC

The ales are dispensed from Bag in box 23 litre containers through beer engines

Lagers are served from cornies via a 2 way flash cooler through chrome taps built onto the top of the keg cooler

Chrisp

Back