Shelf life of juice wines

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hillbillycat65

Reaction score
Hi Guys
Just getting to my last couple of bottles of wow from a batch I made November 2010, eight months ago, I can honestly say it tastes less potent than it did and also taste has changed though I can't really describe it so my question is, are juice wines best drunk within a couple of months. Need to know so I don't brew more than I can drink. Hate the thought of it going off. May need to increase my rate of consumption. :whistle:

It won't BE any less potent, but it may SEEM less potent because it has mellowed now and all of the hard edges have softened.

How long it will keep will depend upon alcohol level and storage conditions, but 6-12 months should be fine.

Thanks for your reply. It just seemed less strong because I use my partner as a gauge, if she can drink it without adding lemonade than its not strong enough. She's a Lambrini girl.

It won't get any weaker (where would the alcohol be going?) nor stronger (if it somehow was stronger, you'd see sediment from the yeast action). The stories about 50 year old bottles of wine that were "as strong as whisky" just aren't true.

hillbillycat65 said:
Thanks for your reply. It just seemed less strong because I use my partner as a gauge, if she can drink it without adding lemonade than its not strong enough. She's a Lambrini girl.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

SamWise72 said:
The stories about 50 year old bottles of wine that were "as strong as whisky" just aren't true.
Off topic, if you've got a bottle of 15 year old malt whisky and you keep it for another 15 years, you've still got a 15 year old whisky. Once it's in glass, that's it, it's not going to improve however long you keep it.

Latest posts

Back