Shopping

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Piggle

Reaction score
Hi all.

As I'm pretty new to this I was just wondering which online home-brew shops you prefer? I'm looking at getting some Demi johns.

Asda 5litre water bottles with water in are the best pep dj's as the labels come off easily ,

if you want glass demi's then try your local charity shop. brew club or wine circle. I just joined a wine circle and someone gave me 6 glass DJ's gratis for the collecting.

Welcome :cheers:

Been keeping my eye out for ages. Typically before I got into this you couldn't move for DJs at car boots or in charity shops. Now I want one there's none about.

What online stores do you use for other bits and bobs?

Cheers

You can always try the forum sponsors see top of page for most supplies, Glassware I'd get locally as suggested by rosie. You can also try your local car boot sale, Freecycle or Freegle I've seen DJ's at all of these locations.

Breakable stuff I tend to buy locally for obvious reasons as it saves the arguments if things get damaged in transit.

Brew kits and general stuff I tend to buy online from either the sponsors above or 'The Home Brew Shop' as my local HBS rarely seems to have everything that I want.

Piggle said:
Hi all.

As I'm pretty new to this I was just wondering which online home-brew shops you prefer? I'm looking at getting some Demi johns.

If you are in a rush to get started you may have a Wilkinsons (Wilco) in your area they sell everything you will need. The handy airlocks are great as they are almost silent - Here - http://www.wilko.com/search?q=demijohn

If you want to try the DIY method get a 5 litre water bottle and drill a 9mm hole in it, you can then fit an airlock, if you can find a 22mm drill the bung will then fit which is a better method.

There is a brilliant thread about making your own wine from supermarket juice and everything you will need here - viewtopic.php?t=10179

PB10091006.jpg

Would love to use the sponsors but.... That Ballihoo stuff is shockingly expensive and dreadful quality. When I say dreadful I mean shocking - steer well clear.

Hopefully this won't get removed - or worse me :-)

Latest posts

Back