Sky Sport

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know someone who has never ever bought a TV licence...refuses to. Never been done.

I have been reading about that, i like the idea but don't think i could be bothered to record everything i wanted to watch or watch it on catch up, good on those that do and stick the finger up at them.

TV Licence for that top notch bbc coverage? Guess you get what you pay for.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
Alas as i said the BBC sports coverage has dwindled almost to nowt.For what they cover i still feel that the actual content and commentaries are superior to Channel 4,ITV and Channel 5 in every way.
Must admit that i only really watch a small amount of sport these days and certainly wouldn't get drawn into paying huge sums of money to watch on Sky.
But
Horses for Courses i guess

I cancelled the sports last season, I just couldn't justify the spend anymore. I didn't really miss it either, I have been satisfied with watching the highlights.

Unless accompanied by police and a court warrant for entry TV licensing agents have no right of entry into your house, whether you have a TV, a license or not, they will ask for an invite in to check that you are not using a TV suitable to receive a broadcast but you are well within your rights to refuse, short of you admitting to them that you are watching live broadcast TV without a licence or they see it through a window they are powerless to do anything without gaining a judges approval for entry.

....and they not going to go bothering judges to get in your house to see if you're a serial Cori watcher are they? If everyone decided not to get a licence they'd knock it in the head...

Which reminds me.... about 18 months back we got a letter from Virgin Media saying our monthly price was going up ( a lot ) cos they'd 'given' us all these sports channels! Whaa the ****?? Hate sport and don't want it for free let alone paying handsomely, so got on the blower to protest. Get this - they removed the sport nonsense, gave us the stuff we really wanted and put the price to lower than it was before they foisted the sporty junk on us, and reduced the broadband price! All cos I'd said I'd go with BT or Talktalk or somesuch if they didn't shape up.

I do this with my clients as a number of them like to have sky. When one of them gets near the end of the contract I phone them up and tell them that my client is planning to switch to one of their competitors so what can they do for my client. They usually come back with a good deal

I know someone who has never ever bought a TV licence...refuses to. Never been done.

Even if you have a phone you are liable,my friend is doing up a flat,it's has taken him two years to be fair but he has had umpteen visits and letters,if you can stream bbc iplayer,you owe, simple

Even if you have a phone you are liable,my friend is doing up a flat,it's has taken him two years to be fair but he has had umpteen visits and letters,if you can stream bbc iplayer,you owe, simple

I don't thinking having a phone is anything to do with a th licence. Yes you need a licence to watch iPlayer but you don't automatically need a licence just because you may watch iPlayer on your phone, you need to log in to verify your details.

They have been hassling him repeatedly saying even if he has any device capable of streaming he needs a licence??
Probably doesn't help he wont take the sky dish down from the front of the building even though inside is a shell 🙄

They have been hassling him repeatedly saying even if he has any device capable of streaming he needs a licence??
Probably doesn't help he wont take the sky dish down from the front of the building even though inside is a shell 🙄

You can stream off most devices these days, doesn't mean you need a licence. You can own a tv and not need a licence.

They rely on the art of intimidation to try to scare people into paying even if a licence isn't necessary.

Exactly. Don't let them in, don't give them your name. Neither do you have to let them in with the police present; they should not be there as licensing is an act of parliament, not law.

Latest posts

Back