£14:95 pay-per-view.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The transfer window has just closed and the money spent broke the previous record (14.2 billion pounds) yet the greedy ******* want to charge £14:95 (on top of their original subscription) for fans to watch live games, if it had been £5 i would have watched a few but i am not paying £14:95.

Again can i ask members not to use this thread to have a go at the overpaid prima donnas etc the thread is about SKY charging more for subscribers to watch live football, thanks.

The Premier League were facing a backlash on Friday after launching a controversial pay-per-view service for matches, news exclusively revealed by Sportsmail.

In a strategy that has infuriated the football community, the Premier League — in conjunction with Sky Sports and BT Sport — have announced a new service in time for next weekend's set of fixtures to show an additional layer of matches that are not included in the designated televised schedule.

The games will be available at an additional cost — £14.95 — to their original subscription fees. The decision was ratified during a Premier League shareholders' meeting on Friday.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/s...veil-new-Premier-League-pay-view-service.html

Last edited:
Oh those poor football clubs in these hard times............Arsenal sacked their mascot recently after he'd worked there for many many years to 'save money' and yet pay Mesut Ozil who never gets a game £350,000 a week !!!

I do know exactly what I am going to do but it is not for this forum.

We cannot discuss how to stream for obvious reasons but i don't see the harm in the subject of streaming being discussed as part of the discussion.

I red ISP's have blocked a record number of streams this season already it not surprising people are turning to streaming as the prices they charge are obscene, we discussed this at work recently and the majority said if it was £10 per month for PL matches they would pay but few have a sports subscription because of the price, i think at £10 per month millions of fans would take it up as its affordable, why are the bosses at SKY so short sighted.

Last edited:
Oh those poor football clubs in these hard times............Arsenal sacked their mascot recently after he'd worked there for many many years to 'save money' and yet pay Mesut Ozil who never gets a game £350,000 a week !!!

Thought it seems harsh there isn't much point in employing a mascot when there is no one at the ground to see it every match day, strange how the press chose the poor old mascot what about all the bar staff, cleaning staff etc that will have also lost their jobs i guess they are not as newsworthy.

As for Mr Ozil -

Mesut Ozil has offered to cover the wages of Arsenal club mascot Gunnersaurus for the remainder of his contract. The playmaker, Arsenal's highest earner on £350,000-a-week, said he was “so sad” when he heard the news that Jerry Quy – the man inside the costume – was being let go

My first reaction was greedy b**tards, and it's still my only reaction. £5 per match I can deal with, as it's proportionate to the monthly subscription cost, but there token starting price for a pay per view is £14.95 I think! the idea of paying that much for Liverpool v Sheffield Utd is laughable. bluntly speaking what is wrong with sky sports!

I prefer the local radio commentary to the TV coverage. More knowledgeable, passionate about the club and they're not spouting the normal predictable c**p the TV pundits do.

Thought it seems harsh there isn't much point in employing a mascot when there is no one at the ground to see it every match day,

As for Mr Ozil -

Mesut Ozil has offered to cover the wages of Arsenal club mascot Gunnersaurus for the remainder of his contract. The playmaker, Arsenal's highest earner on £350,000-a-week, said he was “so sad” when he heard the news that Jerry Quy – the man inside the costume – was being let go

Wonder how much they pay the mascot......and other clubs have kept there's on as seen on televised matches.

Ozil is just after some better publicity after stealing a living for so long, remember he refused to take a pay reduction during the lockdown.

I don't watch football but if people are stupid enough to pay more fools them!
But I suspect many will in the delusion of non returned loyalty...

Wonder how much they pay the mascot......and other clubs have kept there's on as seen on televised matches.

Ozil is just after some better publicity after stealing a living for so long, remember he refused to take a pay reduction during the lockdown.

Pure speculation so lets leave it there, can i remind you and members reading this i posted this in the OP -

Again can i ask members not to use this thread to have a go at the overpaid prima donnas etc the thread is about SKY charging more for subscribers to watch live football, thanks.

Used to make me laugh when my parents lived in Ethiopia, my dad could watch 5 games per weekend on their terrestrial tv where as I could only watch motd highlights.

The extra charge is disgraceful really, we're all being taken for mugs and one of the reasons why I haven't watched a premier game for 15 years or so.

Being an argyle supporter I get all the quality football I need watching them :laugh8:

We cannot discuss how to stream for obvious reasons but i don't see the harm in the subject being brought up as part of the discussion.

I red ISP's have blocked a record number of streams this season already it not surprising people are turning to streaming as the prices they charge are obscene, we discussed this at work recently and the majority said if it was £10 per month for PL matches they would pay but few have a sports subscription because of the price, i think at £10 per month millions of fans would take it up as its affordable, why are the bosses at SKY so short sighted.
No probs - delete this if you see fit obviously but I am done with using internet browsers to watch football my sub doesn't include - am going to watch a different way - hope that's not too much detail :laugh8:

Shot themselves in the foot there. Hopefully, more people will watch football at their local club.
Or gather in one persons house and all chip in for the cost, maybe crowd in the pub (if they're still open after Monday)....Think that defeats the point of no fans

Funny how people only care when it’s the big clubs.

The fans of lower League clubs are having to pay £10 a game to watch their team at the moment, through pretty substandard streaming services with awful camera skills and not all clubs are providing commentary.

Funny how people only care when it’s the big clubs.

The fans of lower League clubs are having to pay £10 a game to watch their team at the moment, and for the most part the games are being filmed in pretty poor quality.
As a Leeds fan I've forgotten what it's like to watch lower league football. :tongue:

Post deleted can i remind members of this from post #5.

We cannot discuss how to stream for obvious reasons but i don't see the harm in the subject of streaming being discussed as part of the discussion.

Back