Smart meter [poll]

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you have a meter?

• Yes and our bills are much lower

• Yes and our bills are slightly lower.

• Yes and we have not noticed any saving.

• No but i would like one.

• No i have no interest.

Results are only viewable after voting.
People I live with turn lights off? That’s not going to happen.

The HA is Controlled by a Raspberry Pi. It consumes 0.25w so costs around 76p a year to run.

View attachment 81167

To control the lights in the house, the system uses the same wireless sensors that my intruder alarm uses to sense room occupation. I can set each room to turn stuff off if no movement dected for X amount of time. Each sensor takes 2 x AA rechargeable batteries. When they run out they are charged using a charger connected to a smart switch which the HA system only turns on when my solar panels are generating more than the house is using and our electricity is free.

View attachment 81168

It’s cost me more to reply to your message than to power my sensors 😉

I better get installing.

All out lights are led I wonder how much a year we actually saved by switching bulbs.

Well 14 Months on and my smart meter is still off line,( canr connect to internet) not had a bill, BG say they are aware of this and looking into this . I don't know how much am using
We had the same with our gas meter - refused to communicate with the in-house display & energy company. I asked them to change it as it was nearly impossible to read, installed at ground level. Since it was changed it hardly ever sends readings to the company but at least I can read it on the IHD.

Latest posts

Back