Snow Day Brew Day.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@LeeH you add the sodium metabisulfite in the mash. I always add as pre treatment while mash water is heating up.

Making me wonder if I've been doing it wrong all this time, or if there is a certain way to add it?

I need to dust off and charge me spindel up

@LeeH you add the sodium metabisulfite in the mash. I always add as pre treatment while mash water is heating up.

Making me wonder if I've been doing it wrong all this time, or if there is a certain way to add it?

I need to dust off and charge me spindel up

No sparge for me so I threw it all in at once. I have no idea if it makes a difference but it all ends up in the same quantity of water and grain eventually.

Thermometer is saying 2.1C in the garage right now. No way am I going out there for anything other than to get a beer. Even that will have to warm up first.

Nope, here's why:-

IMG_20201228_072444.jpg

Would you want to sit in that gazebo in those conditions? :laugh8: Nor I. lol

Thermometer is saying 2.1C in the garage right now. No way am I going out there for anything other than to get a beer. Even that will have to warm up first.

I’m in the garage, the brew fridge is really struggling with the 2 x 1’ heaters in. Time for an upgrade I think.

Way to cold in the shed to brew. I have next week of and will be doing Festival Razorback - only kit, but already have 2 kegs full from previous brews - Cutch clone and German Altbier both all grain.

Latest posts

Back