So how was your Saturday?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScottM

Landlord.
Reaction score
Had a cracking wee family day today. Left at 11am and drove down to the Trafford Centre for In the Night Garden Live. My Girlie had an absolute ball and even got to meet Iggle Piggle, actually didn't think she was gonna let him go lol. After that it was the long drive back home just in time for Girlies bed, with Mummy & Daddy getting a well earned takeaway :D

Been a good day today weatherwise, so what have you been up to?

Fairly lazy day for us. Bottled my Reserve du Chateau Cab Sav which is now 6 month old. Now enjoying a glass. Nice. :cheers:

bobsbeer said:
Fairly lazy day for us. Bottled my Reserve du Chateau Cab Sav which is now 6 month old. Now enjoying a glass. Nice. :cheers:

Ooo lucky you. Mine is 4 weeks old :(

Was at the Thistle vs Dunfermline game in Dunfermline.We won 1-0 it was magic. its probably my 7th or 8th visit to Dunfermline's stadium and the first ever win I've seen there. had a wee bulmers before leaving as I was being picked up but had a good few beers to celebrate tonight. so far this season we've had 3 cup games and 2 league games and won all 5 so the confidence is flying high, and we have the most points out of all the glasgow teams in scotland aswell. Fcuk the Old Firm.
got some bottling to do tomorrow, however super sunday may prove to be a force too strong!

Meh work all day. Terrible weather down here. And the mighty bristol rovers lost.. :| :lol:

liampenn said:
Meh work all day. Terrible weather down here. And the mighty bristol rovers lost.. :| :lol:

Bloody hell, never rains but it pours eh :D

Manchester was lovely most of the day.

HOT! HOT!

Did a bit of weeding for the allotment society and harvesting 2 stone of onions and 6 lb of damsons.

Oh and the temp was +30c (today is going to be +35).

After a frew G&Ts it was time for a Tapas dinner in the Innenhof.

I'm on night shift as well this weekend, probably waiting for it to rain before I get a day off.

I had a good day yesterday, weather was stunning, went out to the shops with the good lady and bought ourselves a chimnea for £30 - B&M - bargain!

Got home and she made me a lovely meal while I set up the chimnea and had a few homebrews...we ended up sitting out till 11.30pm last night watching the flames and pondering the universe...it was ACE!!!!

To bloddy hot!

Temps hit about 35°C so didn't really do very much.

Only good(?) news was that Sunderland drew against Arsenal!

Took the youngest to Todmorden market while the eldest and GF went to a dance class, met up with the rest and had lunch in the Bear cafe, its veggie and I'm predominantly a carnivore however the food is great so I don't miss the meat.

After lunch we all piled into the fields and pulled up sodding acres of ragwort before it goes to seed. Then took the kids to a play gym in nearby Mytholmroyd (not far from Little Valley Brewery) to tire them out. Poured them into bed then watched a movie with the GF and a couple of pints of HB. :cheers:

I helped a friend move into a first floor flat. In 32 degrees it was pretty horrific.

Had my nieces wedding Friday, went to a BBQ Sat night, did homebrew stuff today!

Quite a hectic weekend as it goes, in a good way tho :)

Back