Sparkling Water in a corny keg

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thatscold

Reaction score
I want to use one of my cornies for sparkling water. For those who do this what PSI do you use?

I presume the water keeps ok for a while due to the PH?

Thanks

I carb in 2 litre pet bottles - using a carbonation cap. I set to 60psi and shake for a count of 30, then drink.

For a keg I'd personally burst carb at 40psi, rocking the keg on its side for the count of 50, and then leave set at 20psi for serving.

Water should keep fine for months, if kept cold.

As above I've carbonated water in PET bottles with a carbonation cap. My primary regulator is set for 40 psi so that's what I use, just attach the bottle, pressure it up, give a good shake for a few minutes and then stick back in the fridge for a while before opening. Fizzy enough for me but if you like it more lively could go 60 psi or more.

I've got a carbonation cap and have used it with coke bottles for fizzy water. Just fancy the convenience of having it on draft. I guess there will be no need to restrict the flow to the tap - no problems with foaming with water!

Just be careful using a keg that's had beer in it. I did the same and the water definitely picked up a taint from the previous contents (and this was after a thorough clean). If I did it again I would probably use a PET bottle or, if I was feeling flush, a new keg that I only used for water.

40 PSI. Filtered water. Tastes good (fortunately no beer tint).

Attachments

• 070F70FC-7F89-4A1A-9F17-10B4A202E98C.jpeg
    070F70FC-7F89-4A1A-9F17-10B4A202E98C.jpeg
    21.3 KB · Views: 58
Much to the kids delight I've just taken delivery of 7L of out of date fanta post mix syrup which I am going to try and make up in a keg.

Just google these post mix cartons. Do you just mix it 5:1 with water in the Corny? (5L water to 1L syrup).

They seem to be much cheap on ebay.

Just google these post mix cartons. Do you just mix it 5:1 with water in the Corny? (5L water to 1L syrup).

They seem to be much cheap on ebay.
Not done it before but thats pretty much my plan subject to checking the recommended dilution ratio.

What sort of PSI ?
My current one is set at 30psi and temp is around 5c. This seems about right.
I don’t leave the gas on all the time but just give it a blast a couple of times a day so took about a week to carbonate fully.

Also some of the boxes have different dilution ratios so double check. They also have special colour coded connectors, different depending on box and dilution, but you don’t really need one as you can simply push the valve in.

Big variation on prices on eBay, the ones with expired best before dates are the best value but it pays to do you homework for the best deal including shipping.

Last edited:
@Dads_Ale
I'm thinking of getting some postmix. Can you just pour it out of the bladder in the box into a keg and mix with tap water before carbonating, or is there any special procedure to follow?

@Dads_Ale
I'm thinking of getting some postmix. Can you just pour it out of the bladder in the box into a keg and mix with tap water before carbonating, or is there any special procedure to follow?
That's exactly what I do. They have a valve on them that operates with a connector but you can sanitise your hand and just push it in. Just double check the dilution rate as they do vary.

Back