Flow control ball lock disconnects

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heeby

Reaction score
Do any of you use the duotight ball lock flow control disconnects? The black and yellow ones.
Do they work ok for you?

I have just got a couple, along with some 8mm / 4mm evabarrier, and this setup is foaming, no matter what I do. Seems to foam in the actual disconnect, there is foam all way through the evabarrier. Could the keg post - disconnect be introducing turbulence?

The beer is carbonated to about 10 psi at 10°C, it's Seymours Citra Gold. Pours ok with a length of 3/16 and a picnic tap, just looking for a bit of flexibility with other beer carbonation with the flow control.

I use these and have found them brilliant. BUT, it is difficult to get the line fully pushed home so they don't pull air. My bet that is happening.

I use these and have found them brilliant. BUT, it is difficult to get the line fully pushed home so they don't pull air. My bet that is happening.
I will give it a good push and wriggle, hard to know if line is fully in or not..
They look great in concept, hope I get it to work.

They work very well, much more useful than the flow control on a tap. Need to get the tube in to the marked line for sure though.

I have had issues with them as have others on the sister site. They tend to get stuck either all the way open or all the way closed. They sometimes don’t actually control flow. I would prolly be better off with just several feet of 3/16. I wouldn’t buy it again. I was very interested in nukatap mini until I saw that it requires the orange and black flow controller.

I get much more reliable pouring from my picnic tap 2.1 under different pressures than my duotight flow control.

I used 5/16’s throughout my kegerator build for everything and then these flow control disconnects on the beer lines. Works well

What length of line are you all using with these? I have about 2 ft of 8mm/4mm evabarrier and getting lots of foam, and beer with all the CO2 knocked out of it.

The keg I am using is a reconditioned one with the pink double o-rings on the post as mentioned here, perhaps they are not connecting properly with the fc disconnect? I have just ordered some more normal single o-ring posts from China.

Latest posts

Back