Sparky help needed please

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LeeH I agree. Absolutely no point wasting money a bodge when a new garage consumer unit will only cost about £20/30 with an rcd and a couple of breakers.

Not hard to wire, but the electrian will fit it before teabreak.

Or just replace the wire. Happy days.

Last edited:
Hi,

Brewed a beer today, I usually clean all my kit straight after and boil up a few litres of water in the mash kettle. Left it for 5 mins, when I came back the power in the garage had conked out...

Checked the indoor fuse box, all on, we also have an outdoor fuse box, also on so i'm presuming I blew the fuse?

View attachment 86711

Took fuse out which is this... Looks like this, i'm presuming its a cartridge fuse? Can't seem to find them anywhere, can you still buy them?
View attachment 86712View attachment 86713

Thanks in advance!
As a current active full scale electrician registered with napit.

Get an electrician to have a look at your system. He can tell you what your fault is. I'd start with your house board. Then the cable supplying the shed. Investigate the garage db. Then the items plugged in to it.
Remember how teletext was the future and it was so advanced? We know have the Internet.your board is out of regulation. 455.5.5 I think, states all sockets and items that can go out side are to be covered by a 30ma rcd / rcbo. By all means follow the guides here rewire the fuse. You need to understand what caused the fault, and will it come back. But your safety is paramount.

Be safe

Latest posts

Back