Speciality beer shop near Feltham London

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taf

Reaction score
Hi all.

The brother did a Black IPA with me at Xmas, so took 15 litres back to London with him. Now he has a taste for it, but probably won't get to brew with me again until he comes home at Easter, and he's getting a bit of cold turkey for it. I can see him going allgrain, but not until he is living somewhere with a bit more space, as the current place is tiny.

Anyway, is there anywhere close to Feltham/Hounslow that you think he can buy some nice black IPA? We are regular visitors to the Kernel brewery, and he will be going there again at some point to stock up, but just wondering if there is anywhere closer to him in the meantime. We are big fans of Thornbridge Raven, Magic 8 Ball, and the Black/Brown IPA's from Kernel, so anything along those lines would be great. Please, no debates on the Black IPA/Cascadian dark ale naming convention, as I know the Black IPA thing winds some people up.

His other options to my mind, are to hack a combination of a stout and ale kit and then hop the bajaysus out of it, which would be good practise for him anyway, or to mix a bought stout and IPA together, which I've done when bored in the past. Murphys and Harcore IPA wasn't bad.

What do ye think?

Cheers,
Billy.

Back