Spring thing - brilliant!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evanvine

Landlord.
Reaction score
Well, what an excellent happening!
There had to be 40+ at the Church End Brewery, a real credit to Wez and the rest of the board for their time and effort.
I was at a great disadvantage, as many recognised my dog, and I hadn’t got a clue as to who they were until they chose to tell me. :oops:
Several I had already met at Brewdays and other functions, but the rest looked nothing like the mental images I had conjured up from their avatars.
Eg. Vossey, a fraction of the age I imagined him to be; Tubby Shaw, a great guy, but also younger than a pic I had seen of him; James B, never thought he would be a modern day hippy; Dunfie was the nearest to my imagination, especially when he spoke with his scots burr.
I enjoyed meeting Moley, wish I’d had more time, but a promise to her indoors is a promise, especially when she’s driving home from a later function.
Snail gave me a bollocking just because I asked UP if he’d brought a fermenter with him, most unfair.
I met a lot more, but my pea sized memory has let me down yet again.
Had to force myself to leave just as the BBQs and beers were coming out, I do hope there is one next year.
Well done THBF!

It was great to meet everyone yesterday, and a big thank you to all those involved with the organising, well done :thumb:

Wish I could have stayed longer :( Next time I won't double book the friday night, nor will I be doing a stupid bike challenge and not drinking as much as I could :D

I will add that the internet is poor where they are, hence not as much details coming out from the Mods and admin as they would of liked, that and the drink limiting their abilities :rofl:

muddydisco said:
Wish I could of stayed longer :(
:nono: Wish I could HAVE stayed longer ;)

I've just got home and this is the first topic I have opened, once I had done a quick check for obvious spammers who had taken advantage of crew absence.

An excellent weekend has been had by all (at least, we think it has, as far as we can remember) and it was great to be able to put some faces to names. Some (like Jim) were exactly as I had imagined while several other preconceptions were way out.

Full reports and photos should be added soon, but I think that organisers' expectations were all met or exceeded and there's every hope that it should become a regular event.

jamesb said:
Hippy? HIPPY?!?!?!
Hooray! :clap: :cheers:

Sorry, I thought you were proposing three cheers for Wez, Dunfie and the others who can now proudly proclaim that they really CAN organise a ****-up in a brewery.

Well done to all the mods for a great event, great company one and all. Good to sample other peoples brews and talk a lot of beer talk. Shame about uncleplumbers snoring but he certainly made up for it with his cooking. Looking forward to seeing some of Tubbys photos.

Just got back. Totally knackered. I think I drank a fair bit of ale yesterday!

Many thanks to everyone involved in arranging the weekend. A lot of hard work showed itself in a well-organised and well-run weekend. Thank you.

Really good to match real people with Forum names and avatars.

Only 362 days to the next Spring Thing event!

Take care
Jon

I'm home from the event and have to say what a thoroughly good do it was. :party:

Lovely venue with friendly staff :clap:

Great to meet people from the forum and have a chance to talk to some very funny folk :thumb:

UP is just totally mad (and wrestles wild boar in his sleep) :whistle: , Lancs Steve will never convince me that Belgian Beer is good :ugeek: , Vossey 1 is far to young, Prolix is special :grin: JamesB yes you are a new age hippie and a real nice bloke, Aleman is far too normal to know all the stuff he knows, I have no idea why Mr Shaw is called tubby :lol: , Wez, Callum, Eddie, Moley, Oaky, Jim, BB, MD, Rob the list just goes on and on. What a great bunch and a pleasure to meet you all :cheers: :cheers:

A massive round of applause needs to got to the crew who organised the event they should be proud of what they have achieved :clap: :clap: :clap:.

Only 362 sleeps till SPRING THING 2012 :roll:

It was really nice to meet you guys and share tips and interests , im so glad the event went as smootly as it did the admin/mods did a fantastic job , the brewery did their upmost to make us welcome hope to meet up again soon just remember nobody asked me if i wanted a curry :twisted:

adrianmole72 said:
Yes, Shane's chilli was top-notch..
The first forkful was warm, the second built on that but it didn't really burn until the third. I thought the effect tailed off after that as you got acclimatised - and then I tried to speak / squeak.

Damned stuff had cauterized my voice box!

Moley said:
adrianmole72 said:
Yes, Shane's chilli was top-notch..
The first forkful was warm, the second built on that but it didn't really burn until the third. I thought the effect tailed off after that as you got acclimatised - and then I tried to speak / squeak.

Damned stuff had cauterized my voice box!

I couldnt believe it when the thing that left Moley Speachless was UP's Chilli I almost wet myself laughing :lol:

Well done on your win as well Eddie, the fact you have only done a few all grains is a great achivement. :clap:

Latest posts

Back