SS Brewbucket O ring size for racking arm

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James

Reaction score
I've managed to strip the o rings off my SS Brewtech Brewbucket racking arm and likely rinsed them away.
I find they are fiddly and apt to get trapped and at the end of a brewday that's not what i want.
I read some time ago that they were 8.5mm ID x 1mm CS and duly bought a pack of 50 on ebay. The fit was poor so(until now) I've been super careful withthe originals.
Now I see spares can be bought at varying expense but they don't seem to be in stock and - I want a bag of lots so I don't worry about them (see how well that has served me so far - I've got so many orings in a drawer - corny keg posts, dip tubes and plenty of misses from forum size suggestions !!!)

So has anyone managed to find a decent replacement size spec I can order from a sensible supplier?
(like Polymax, or slip it onto a work order from RS or something)- I suspect the 8.5mm x 1mm is duff, though my ebay rings (Sealforce) might have been off spec they are too thin and too baggy (ID too large, CS too small).

Also - blimey i didn't realise Orings were so expensive!!. Bog standard BS (imperial) ones are cheap at Cromwell, but the metric ones are funny sizes and I suspect are just convversions of BS ones)

Latest posts

Back