Stainless Steel Fermenter to fit in under counter fridge

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlatFenBrew

Reaction score
Hi I am looking to buy a stainless steel fermenter. Can anyone suggest one that will do a standard 23 litre brew please?
Most available are the conical types which will not fit in my fridge like a standard plastic bin that I am currently using.
Thanks in advance.

My SS Brewtech Brewbucket fits in my under-counter fridge, but only just! I use a blow-off tube with a bung and right angled John Guest elbow which means the ~1cm clearance is just enough. It's mildly inconvienient but heh, the fridge came with the house so I'm bloody lucky it fits.

So check the measurements carefully and it might just fit. Also mine has an inset salad compartment in the bottom. I put a board over it for a flat surface but if I was prepared to do a bit of hacking to the legs of the brewbucket I could make a good deal more clearance.

My SS Brewtech Brewbucket fits in my under-counter fridge, but only just! I use a blow-off tube with a bung and right angled John Guest elbow which means the ~1cm clearance is just enough. It's mildly inconvienient but heh, the fridge came with the house so I'm bloody lucky it fits.

So check the measurements carefully and it might just fit. Also mine has an inset salad compartment in the bottom. I put a board over it for a flat surface but if I was prepared to do a bit of hacking to the legs of the brewbucket I could make a good deal more clearance.
Thanks!

I've got the Ss Bretwech Brewbucket and it fits my fridge. The fridge is an old indesit 55cm wide model and it fits in front of the hump and allows the inkbird probe to fit in the thermowell (i have the brewmaster edition).

I don't use an airlock, never have and I've never had any problems. I can't fit an airlock on without using some pipework.

Occasionally I've fitted a blow off tube but it's never risen enough to actually go through it.

There's a thread on this bucket and fridges:

https://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/threads/ss-brewtech-brewmaster-bucket-fridge-fitting.64637/

I got one of these: Brew Builder

It sits on the compressor hump, and I replaced the lid barb with a full 1/2” size one so I’d have a bigger bore blow off tube. Rotating racking tap is a nice feature.
For the price, it's difficult to beat Brew Builder.

And there's no worrying whether it fits in the fridge, with airlock; it just fits.

I've got the Ss Bretwech Brewbucket and it fits my fridge. The fridge is an old indesit 55cm wide model and it fits in front of the hump and allows the inkbird probe to fit in the thermowell (i have the brewmaster edition).

I don't use an airlock, never have and I've never had any problems. I can't fit an airlock on without using some pipework.

Occasionally I've fitted a blow off tube but it's never risen enough to actually go through it.

There's a thread on this bucket and fridges:

https://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/threads/ss-brewtech-brewmaster-bucket-fridge-fitting.64637/
Thank you for your reply and advice!

Latest posts

Back