STC 1000 wiring

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coyspurs

Reaction score
Hi All

Wired the STC 1000 contoller this afternoon to my freezer fitted with a heater tube. Followed the wiring diagram from the STC website number 6 terminal for cooling and number 8 for heating, could not work out what was happening when the freezer came on when the heater tube should have been on. Put the heater to the cooler terminal and cooler to heater and every thing is now fine.

Any one else had this?

On my STC-1000, terminal 6 is for heating and terminal 8 is for cooling? Think the wiring diagram you looked at was wrong. :cheers:

Yep, there is a diagram around which has them the wrong way around.

Just swap them over :thumb:

Thanks for the replys guys, strange how the author has not picked up that they are the wrong way round. Makes me feel better as I am not the most confident when it comes to electrics

There are different STC1000 s. Some have heating on 5&6 and cooling on 7&8, and some are the other way round. Apart from that they are identical. Best to look at the instructions that came with your actual one.

Latest posts

Back