stc1000 help needed

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

david bray

Reaction score
hi all just got an old fridge and thought I would try making a fermenting fridge using a stc 1000, all went well apart from the stc 1000 keeps jumping temp by 2 degree down then back up which keeps turning either the fridge on or the heater just wondered if anyone else has had this or is it just a my fault for buying cheap off ebay thats all

Hi!
If the device is working correctly, the heater should kick in at 19.5° and the cooler at 20.5°.
I fund that I got wide fluctuations when I had the sensor hanging in the fridge. As son as I attached it to the FV it settled down and managed the temperature well.

I'd disconnect the probe, check the wire for any breaks and if there are any then get glue or something on them, then reattach making sure you get a good clamp on the wire - double it back along the cable and clamp onto that.

I had a probe that had the wire split near the end and moisture would change the resistance and readings would go all over the shop. It was when I was calibrating it against other thermometers in ice and boiling water it would go bonkers so I thought something was up.

Ok thanks I'll try that when I get home if not I'll try and post a video of what's happening

I fitted a thermo well in my fermenter that took the temp probe, problem sorted, no more quick changes in fridge temps.

Back