Storage temp for beers.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doghouse gav

Reaction score
I would like to ask for a little advice. Currently I carb my bottles in a temp controlled fridge at 21*c for a few weeks. I was told to then keep them at around 13*c so I invested in a second temp controlled fridge set at 13*c. I've been looking on some forums (American if it makes a difference) and they say to put them in a fridge for 7 days before drinking. Do I need another bloody fridge? I'm new to brewing and just want my beer to taste as good as possible!

Serving temp for ales should be 12-13C . . .Lagers around 8-10C

Yes our American friends do tend to prefer their beers very cold.

I carbonate my beers at room temperature for a couple of weeks, then they go into cold storage (Ideally I would like to do this at 4C or below.) for x period of time . . . When I want to drink some I move them to the storage area (around 12C) and take them out as I need them over the next week or so, topping up with fresh ones from the storage area.

At the moment my Cold storage Area and the serving area are one and the same. :cry:

I usually crash cool at 2 degrees before bottling which aids clearing , then let them carbonate for 10 days in the hotpress. After that its just into the garage which never gets warm . Then I just chill as required , and if the temp is right in the garage drink straight from there. Don't think you need to be buying another fridge

Latest posts

Back