Stout taste with temperature

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davidwood850

Reaction score
I'm I beginner on here, but not at brewing. I love my stout kits and dark beer kits. I've always kept my drinkable stout at 10 degrees C. But ive noticed which you mind find weird is that it tastes better as it warms towards the end of drinking the pint. So should I keep my fridge at a warmer temperature.

It’s personal preference! I too prefer stout warmer than ales. I keep my kegs in the garage and tend to put my pale ale kegs in the fridge and leave my stouts and porter outside. Usually between 10 and 15 degrees depending on time of year.

It’s personal preference! I too prefer stout warmer than ales. I keep my kegs in the garage and tend to put my pale ale kegs in the fridge and leave my stouts and porter outside. Usually between 10 and 15 degrees depending on time of year.
A bit like a lot of things chilling suppresses flavour, wine chilled, strawberry's out of the fridge aren't as flavoursome as picked straight from the garden. Same with tomatoes. I like my beers about 14C

A bit like a lot of things chilling suppresses flavour, wine chilled, strawberry's out of the fridge aren't as flavoursome as picked straight from the garden. Same with tomatoes. I like my beers about 14C
Yep I am also liking all my beers other than a lager at 12-15c. Much more flavourful.

Latest posts

Back