strawberry and lime cider

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrissy83 brews

Reaction score
hi, im trying to make a strawberry and lime cider, but it vitually impossible to get hold of the strawberry syrup, is there anything els ei can use instead. how about the dessert strawberry syrup, or just fresh strawberries? TIA

Lowizc syrup. There is a strawberry version. Lidl and Tesco have it in the European food aisles.

Lowizc syrup. There is a strawberry version. Lidl and Tesco have it in the European food aisles.
i tried lidl, aldi, tesco, sainsburys, asda. none of them had any. finally tried the polish shop and they had shelves full of it, and all different flavours. so i stocked up lol
thanks

+1 For the Polish shops and loads of variety. Great for colouring but light on flavour.
Best using the frozen fruit purreed then strain to the demijohn as you get bags more flavour and a lot more gravity points. Tried it myself with frozen strawberry, cherry, raspberry and blueberries and ended up with a country fruit wine at 14.2%...

+1 For the Polish shops and loads of variety. Great for colouring but light on flavour.
Best using the frozen fruit purreed then strain to the demijohn as you get bags more flavour and a lot more gravity points. Tried it myself with frozen strawberry, cherry, raspberry and blueberries and ended up with a country fruit wine at 14.2%...
im making a cider. do you mean you blend the frozen fruit and then just throw in the FV with the apple juice and other ingredients? i dont have a demijohn
thanks

im making a cider. do you mean you blend the frozen fruit and then just throw in the FV with the apple juice and other ingredients? i dont have a demijohn
thanks
Make a coulis from the fruit then pour it into the demijohn through a sieve but be sure to add some pectin/pectolase to help with the clarity.

I've made it once using Lowicz syrup and lime cordial. It was lovely.

I've just kegged a mango Jack pear cider where I replaced the dextrose load with two bottles of lowicz syrup.
Snuck a quick taste as I transferred it, tastes lovely! Even the boss gave the thumbs up!

Does the Lowicz syrup ferment out fully? Just checked the ingredients and it contains glucose-fructose syrup, a sugar which I am spectacularly intolerant of (think lactose intolerance x 10000). If it all gets converted to alcohol I'll be safe..

Back