Suggestions please!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calumscott

Regular.
Reaction score
Malts and yeasts are no problem as I don't keep a stock but I have the following hops:

Apollo - lots
Bullion - fair amount
Challenger - fair amount
Chinook - fair amount
Fuggles - a few grams
Galaxy (pellets) - fair amount
EKG - a little
Hallertauer Hersbrucker - fair amount
Saaz - a few grams
Summit - lots
Warrior - lots
Willamette - lots

Probably looking for something in the "a little stronger than session" range. 5-6% and easy going...

In stash I have a nice bitter, some american pale, an RIS coming into condition, a big 9% APA in bottles, a hefeweizen to bottle tonight and I'll be doing a Bullion version of Aleman's effin oatmeal stout. Something to complement those would be cool.

So, fire away!

Thanks!

Challenger for buttering with EKG and fuggles for flavour and aroma to about 30ibu, and use pale malt , wheat malt a bit of crystal and a bit of choc to give a nice 6% ruby brown. Perhaps add some un toasted oats for a smooth finish.

I would suggest another IPA/APA. Maybe using challenger as bittering and apollo and galaxy for aroma. Perhaps use the apollo as both an early and late addition?

DirtyC

Thanks chaps...

"Ruby", "brown", "mild"... :hmm: yes, I think this is the way to go... The Sarah Hughes gets good reports - I could base one on that I suppose...

IPA/APA I already have an all Summit simple MO + crystal easy drinking thing planned... :thumb:

Back