The "This is what I have, help me use it up" thread!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calumscott

Regular.
Reaction score
I've got no malt so I'll buy that specifically for the brew.

The hops I have are:

Apollo - lots
Bullion - lots
Cascade - lots
Challenger - little
Chinook - lots
Fuggle - little
Galaxy - little (pellet)
EKG - little
Summit - lots
Warrior - lots

I've got bitter and porter conditioning, next up is a pale with Challenger, Chinook and Galaxy, then an attempt at a Lia Fail clone (a dark malty Scottish export-y type of thing).

So what can I do with that lot that's a bit different. Should I go mental and try for something like a Double AIPA?

sounds like u have a plan-sadly im in the oppsite boat, gd bit of malt w few hops- i like the sound of a AIPA but im quite partial to the odd belgian beer- maybe a triple...? might need a fruity yeast plus some champagne yeast to finish it off-as for hops no idea but plenty of them-malt wise bit of pale and some special b -cos its the business- and maybe a spot of wheat malt for head- dont forget to add plenty of natural darkish sugars aswell-vital for boozy notes. same applys for the scottish malty thing gotta add about 500g dermera-just cos

RobWalker said:
yes.

chinook + cascade + maybe galaxy.

7% odd and a little crystal for colour. it will be delicious :cheers:

:cheers:

Thanks Rob! I think I'll go with it, but go a good bit stronger - the 9% bracket - I'll probably swap out the galaxy for something else because it's not the cheapest and I've got plans for at least some of it! Bullion suggests a hint of blackcurrant flavour...?

wilsoa1111 said:
sounds like u have a plan-sadly im in the oppsite boat, gd bit of malt w few hops- i like the sound of a AIPA but im quite partial to the odd belgian beer- maybe a triple...? might need a fruity yeast plus some champagne yeast to finish it off-as for hops no idea but plenty of them-malt wise bit of pale and some special b -cos its the business- and maybe a spot of wheat malt for head- dont forget to add plenty of natural darkish sugars aswell-vital for boozy notes. same applys for the scottish malty thing gotta add about 500g dermera-just cos

Go on! Dig out your ingredients and post them - I'll rename the thread to a "I've got this left - help me use it up" thread for everyone!

RobWalker said:
summit are good too. didn't know bullion were an IPA hop before googling, by all means go for it!

Neither did I - I've just got some and thought I'd give it a bash... :lol:

Back