Supermarket Juice Wine How To guide and Recipes.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK dumb question time:

what happens if you use all red or white grape juice instead of adding alternative fruit juices (sticking to the rest of the recipe), would you end up with red or white wine??

I used to shake them then tried a home made coat hanger degassing wand and immediately noticed how much faster they cleared, i have never tried non degassed wine so couldn't comment on the taste.

If you would like to try making a degassing wand there is a "how to" here - http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=48971

OK dumb question time:

what happens if you use all red or white grape juice instead of adding alternative fruit juices (sticking to the rest of the recipe), would you end up with red or white wine??

I have read its not very good but if you want to experiment i am sure we will all be interested in how it goes. :wink:

The grape juice is usually added to give the wine body and the juice drink for added flavour to make it taste like the juice you prefer, making it from just one juice may make it a little bland.

OK dumb question time:

I did this for my very first attempt at a wow.
I filled a demijohn with RGJ from concentrate and fermented it out.
The result was truly bland.
I ended up blending it with other wine to use it up.

What's the best way to rack when the juice has separated and has settled on both of the top and the bottom of the DJ? Just thinking that the racking cane will probably get blocked if I just racked it as normal

I have done this many times, rack as normal, you shouldn't pick any up from the bottom if you have a cane with the sediment trap but will pick a little up as the floating sediment reaches the top of the sediment trap, it will be so small an amount that it will be easy to avoid when bottling.

hi all, put this on today, juice in asda was 3 for £3 in the chiller section if anyone interested..
2x 1ltr asda red grape juice 70%,strawberry puree 20%, kiwi puree 10%.
750g sugar making 1kg totals.
usual other additions teabag tannin, pectolase, citric, nutrient, glycerine, yeast.
The juice looks lush when pouring, high hopes for this one.

SANY1883.JPG

hi all, put this on today, juice in asda was 3 for £3 in the chiller section if anyone interested..
usual other additions teabag tannin, pectolase, citric, nutrient, glycerine, yeast.

Oooh that does sound nice. Might have to try that one myself.
My latest will be ready to bottle in about a week. I added the Bentonate slurry to clear it a couple of days ago.

Consisted of....Morrisons juice – 2 for £2.50
1 litre Grape & Berry + 1 litre Apple & Mango
Combined = Grape 73%. Apple 85%. Mango 15%. Strawberry 20%. Raspberry 5%. Blackcurrant 2%

I have been using the same bottled red grape juice with apple juice, let us know how this turns out and i will give it a try.

View attachment 811

What is best to deal with what's separated? I racked this previously but what is left was racked with the wine too and I'd like to avoid it again.

How did you rack it? Did you syphon it off into another demijohn? If you do that carefully staying just above the sediment you shouldn't get much sediment in the 2nd demijohn. I ended up buying a syphon tube with a filter on the end. It help keep sediment out too.

Hi I'm on about my 5 th brew of wow wine now but this 1 has gone frow the brewing stage and ware all my other brews have stopped bubbling and all the sediment has been at the bottom ready for siphoning this 1 had most of the sediment floating on the top! Has something gone wrong?

No, some of them do that, it makes syphoning a little more difficult as some sediment will get into the tube as the surface reaches the trap but it will not be much and is easily avoided when bottling.

I've had some wows that have done that on the top and bottom. I've just racked it twice leaving it to settle between racking, then add finings to clear

Scaff

Today i started 4 DJ's with both juices below in each, the mulled red grape juice is 99% RGJ with cinnamon and clove, i havent used this juice before so fingers crossed it turns out well.

IDShot_225x225.jpg

Tesco%2BMulled%2BRed%2BGrape%2BJuice.JPG

will do:thumb:

Well I bottled this tonight after 3 days of adding the finings.
Very clear, lovely rose colour, smells great, tastes even better with the strawberry coming through nicely. Tested gravity at bottling was 1006 which my wife likes. Maybe about 11% although I didn't take an og reading.
Would highly recommend you try this one, a bit pulpy on initial fermentation but rack it in between the first and final stage and it turns out great. (I did top-up with half litre of a/j at this middle rack).

SANY1886.JPG

SANY1883.JPG

Today i started 4 DJ's with both juices below in each, the mulled red grape juice is 99% RGJ with cinnamon and clove, i havent used this juice before so fingers crossed it turns out well.

IDShot_225x225.jpg

Tesco%2BMulled%2BRed%2BGrape%2BJuice.JPG
recipe please sir

also this thread needs cleaning up again to just be recipes

Back