Supermarket Juice Wine How To guide and Recipes.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds good, a word of warning only fill to the beginning of the DJ shoulder as the red juice can get a bit vigorous, you can top up later when its died down a bit.

Here's what the rgj strawberry & kiwi is up to less than 48 hours in: http://youtu.be/m-6f-rkrVSQ

Had to take a small amount out as it was straight out of the bubbler this afternoon :)

I have been reading various bits and pieces about fruit juices, up to last week I have been only using juices from concentrate, is it better to use NOT FROM CONCENTRATE or is there no difference.

Bill

I have been reading various bits and pieces about fruit juices, up to last week I have been only using juices from concentrate, is it better to use NOT FROM CONCENTRATE or is there no difference.

Bill

I have used both and couldn't tell the difference.

Brewed this Tuesday of last week.

Grape Juice/ Raspberry/Pomegranate Wine

Ingredients
White Grape Juice not from Concentrate (39%) , Water , Red Grape Juice not from Concentrate (15%) , Pomegranate Juice not from Concentrate (10%) , Raspberry Purée (5.0%) , Vitamin C .

2 Bottles of the above Juice
800 Grams of Sugar
1 teaspoon of each, Pectolase, Yeast Nutrient, Yeast, Glycerine
S.G. 1080
F.G. 993 = About 11.4%

I possibly should have topped up with the same juice, a little weak on taste but certainly dry.

Bill

That was just a trial version, will do better next time 3 bottles of juice maybe and possibly re-introduce the teaspoon of citric acid.

Must be ok the wife says it's fine.

Bill

Apple wine, this is very nice wine:

1 Litre Grape juice (Not from concentrate) Waitrose
1 Litre Apple Juice (Not from concentrate) Waitrose
850 Grams Sugar
1 teaspoon of Citric Acid, Yeast Nutrient, Pectolase, Yeast and Glycerine.
Black tea (3 Teabags)
S.G. 1100
F.G. 1000 About 13.3% Very Nice Wine

Nice one stopsign, if you used White Grape Juice its known as "Easy White Wine" i have made many gallons of if, if you want a slight twist on this wine try a litre of apple/raspberry juice instead of the plain apple juice (we get ours from ASDA) :thumb:

Ingredients:

Apple Juice from Concentrate (94%), Raspberry Puree (6%)

IDShot_225x225.jpg

Like chippy says mr p, any sugar will do t&l/whitworths. I've been getting it from poundstretcher just lately at 49p a kilo.
Let us know how your first try at WOW goes...

Just sampled the first attempt at the RGJ, strawberry and kiwi. Popped a bottle in the fridge this afternoon and just poured Mrs P a glass. She's impressed!

These 6 bottles are not going to last very long :thumb:

Bill

Hi Bill,

If an expert of Chippy's standing says there's no discernible difference, then you can be sure that he has researched this thoroughly and to the 'Nth' degree, through all the stages of testing including :

Glass 1-2 : Maybe there is a difference,
Glass 4-5 : Maybe not,
Glass 6-7 : Who cares!
Glass 8+ : ZZzzzzzzz.

As you can see an expert of such magnitude puts his research before his own personal preferences and comfort!

Hi Gorty,

I was not aware that I was challenging chippy's word or anyone else's in this forum, we all have to try, I have only used wgj and fruit from concentrate in the past, So I did an experiment I don't mind both types.

Bill

Hi Gorty,

I was not aware that I was challenging chippy's word or anyone else's in this forum, we all have to try, I have only used wgj and fruit from concentrate in the past, So I did an experiment I don't mind both types.

Bill

Stopsign i think he was joking, he even called me an expert which i certainly am not. :lol:

Hi Bill,
As Chippy said, I was just having a bit of fun, I do tend to take the **** occasionally, you'll probably just ignore me eventually, most do!!!

We all have to learn and this forum is a great place for us all to swap ideas and ask questions so keep on asking.

But be sure to disregard Chippy's remark about him not being an expert, he most certainly is!

Back