Supermarket Juice Wine How To guide and Recipes.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It also had passion fruit in. I tell you, it's hard to tell the difference. Only thing I did not use was champagne yeast and I imagine if I hadn't would be spot on.

Well I've put a lidl grape and apple on with only 850g off suger + champagne yest
Hoping to brew a very very dry wow to blend with a sweet wow
SG 1100

It's only been in a couple of hours bubbling nicely now time 19.48
Look at all that yeast

image.jpg

image.jpg

Done a Hydrometer reading last week and it was down to 1000, so racked on to campden tablet and stabiliser. I thought I would see if it clears by itself, but it has been a week and it is clearing but not completely. Time for some finings I think.
Also I had a little taste and it is very dry and a bit tart. I guess if I rack off again and add some sugar to taste before bottling it should hopefully be fine. :)

Done a Hydrometer reading last week and it was down to 1000, so racked on to campden tablet and stabiliser. I thought I would see if it clears by itself, but it has been a week and it is clearing but not completely. Time for some finings I think.
Also I had a little taste and it is very dry and a bit tart. I guess if I rack off again and add some sugar to taste before bottling it should hopefully be fine. :)

It also had passion fruit in. I tell you, it's hard to tell the difference. Only thing I did not use was champagne yeast and I imagine if I hadn't would be spot on.

Hi,

What is the recipe for the sauv blanc? I wasn't sure which previous post you meant.

Thanks

Hi All,
Been a while and looking to use up a few cartons and kits. Question is regarding how long can I keep in the fermenter or demijohn before I have to bottle. Ideally the longer the better as have no bottles at moment..... is it ok to keep for months in there once it has been racked or is there too much air and will make bad? Cheers all

Once you have racked and stabilised top up to the base of the neck, you can then keep it as long as you want in the DJ, i think a lot of head space in a FV could cause you a problem if you left it for several months but short term i cannot see it being a problem as long as you don't take the lid off too often.

Hey,
Think I saved the bottle problem. Bought a load of 20 p 2 litre plastic bottles of water from tesco. Going to put vaseline on thread and once ready bottle in these. Also found a load of 5 litre plastic water bottles which may use for fermentation. Does anyone know if its ok to use these water bottles for alcohol? Thanks as always......

Hi all I decided to treat SWMBO and make her a wow. She deserves it after putting up with me taking up brewing beer, basically taking over the kitchen and constantly talking to her about it.
I started a princess Apple and welches purple grape (couldn't find cheap Tesco red grape juice) following the rose recipe I saw on the recipe thread. All went well apart from forgeting citric acid. SG was 1090 I think can't remember now as I had Our little girl helping me and asking loads of questions, as they do.
Anyway it's now 10 days later and airlock has totally stopped and think it's ready to rack off, I'm just not sure what to do with stabiliser/campden tabs (have both) and degassing. Any advise would be great

sorry chippy. After you've racked it and are leaving it in the demijohn, should you still use an airlock if I plan to leave it for a while. I'm hoping answer is yes

Thanks again

If you have stabilised etc you don't need an airlock as you don't with bottles but if you don't have a solid bung I would use an airlock.

Thanks. I made some before and never stabilised or used camden tabs from memory. Thats ok right?

If you dont stabilised it will end up very dry, if you don't use campden you run the risk of your wine spoiling.

Anyone know of any Supermarket chains with a ready supply of white grape juice?
Lidl is my usual go to but they haven't a supply at the moment.
Tried Co op and Asda and they were dry too.
Anyone got any advice? I have a lot of white to prep for summer and don't want to go pure apple...

You will be lucky to find white grape juice but you can get red grape juice which makes great wine when mixed with, Apple, Cranberry, Raspberry or any other juice.

Hey All,
Has anyone tried just coconut juice in a wow. Wondered how it would taste? Might even give it a go over the weekend!!

I haven't but have found the juice we use does mellow as the wine ferments so it should not be overpowering.

Latest posts

Back