Supplier for small bottles?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobbieD

Reaction score
Hi

Anyone know where i can get some small (200-250ml) PET or Glass Bottles?
I want to be able to bottle in a one large glass at a time size

I have had a good look round and only seem to be able to find 500ml or 1L variety

Thanks
Rob

Morrisons sell multi-packs of fizzy lemonade in 250ml PET bottles, which I buy when I see them reduced, and my daughter is instructed to bring them back from school complete with the caps so they can be re-used.

A club in our village sells single glass measures of wine in screw cap glass bottles, but I've only used them for bottling liqueurs.

Thanks i hadnt thought of that, 6x250ml tonic water for 77p at tesco and im sure i could find something cheaper than that

:thumb:

Rob

Alternatively, buy bigger glasses, I'm sure I've seen some very reasonably priced in Ikea which would hold an entire standard bottle :drunk:

I do exactly the same thing with a proportion of my bigger batches of juice wine - great for a single glass or as a little gift.
Mine goes in the little beer bottles used by Stella and others.

Crown capping is a little difficult because there isn't a proper lip for the crown capper to grip but I have yet to have any major problems.
At some point though I'll be ordering a mallet type capper so I can just be sure that the cap is fully crimped on.

You can normally find little stubby bottles of cheap beer think the are 275ml, it does mean you will have to drink your way through a fair bit of cheap beer though!

Latest posts

Back