Surrey Homebrew Club

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great PM me if you want my phone no to say hello
Had the pleasure of meeting Simon today, and a few of his mates, at the 12th Redhill Beer festival, and enjoying a few interesting bevies. I have to say that one brown ale with added dark cherries was a bridge too far...in fact it was bloody awful. It was all well organised with over 70 ales/ciders and perrys so a great time was had by all.......nice one simon. Cheers!

Long time member / lurker here, recently moved to Kingston. If there are any meetups planned I'm always up for sharing a few beers.

Also, (long shot) but if anyone knows for any garage / shed / workshop space going suitable for my homebrew setup I'm desperately trying to find somewhere to rent at the minute. If you're in the same boat them let me know - I've spotted a few places which are perfect but a bit big for my setup.

Long time member / lurker here, recently moved to Kingston. If there are any meetups planned I'm always up for sharing a few beers.

Also, (long shot) but if anyone knows for any garage / shed / workshop space going suitable for my homebrew setup I'm desperately trying to find somewhere to rent at the minute. If you're in the same boat them let me know - I've spotted a few places which are perfect but a bit big for my setup.

Welcome to the area, I haven't been able to do 1 of these meet ups due to family/work commitments so far! But do intend to change that soon!

What type of brewer are you and what do you enjoy brewing ?

Hi
a New Malden'ite here:mrgreen:

What type of brewer are you and what do you enjoy brewing ?

All grain 3V setup, circa 50L capacity for a light beer (well, technically I have two vessels, though I multitask with them).

I tend to brew a lot of American IPAs, oatmeal stouts, porters, RIS and lagers. Looking to move up to some 'bigger beasts' soon (RIS of 16-20% is the aim).

All grain 3V setup, circa 50L capacity for a light beer (well, technically I have two vessels, though I multitask with them).

I tend to brew a lot of American IPAs, oatmeal stouts, porters, RIS and lagers. Looking to move up to some 'bigger beasts' soon (RIS of 16-20% is the aim).

That's heavy, over10kgs of grain then I. Assume

Total of 14kg in a 20.5L batch (and that's with a fairly optimistic 65% eff).

Do you crush your own grains? I was reading if you crush your own grain pretty finely that your efficiency will go through the roof

Wow that's some rocket fuel..... how long does that take to ferment/condition?

Hi I work in Kingston and live in Ashford.
I am new to all grain and have done just two brews with my Grainfather.
I'd be up for a get together and a few beers, there's few places with good beer in Kingston.

Wow that's some rocket fuel..... how long does that take to ferment/condition?

This I still have to find out! The plan is to initially ferment with US05 then add champagne yeast to get the full conversion. The RIS I've brewed to date (circa 10-12%) tend to sit in primary for a couple of weeks then secondary for anything up to two months (to avoid bottle bombs). I've one which has been aged in the bottle for coming up two years and is starting to taste a lot smoother now.

This I still have to find out! The plan is to initially ferment with US05 then add champagne yeast to get the full conversion. The RIS I've brewed to date (circa 10-12%) tend to sit in primary for a couple of weeks then secondary for anything up to two months (to avoid bottle bombs). I've one which has been aged in the bottle for coming up two years and is starting to taste a lot smoother now.

Now that really is something, well done with the restraint to keep brews that long

I heartily recommend The Albion if you haven't already tried it. 15-20 beers on keg and maybe a dozen on cask. Great place.
The Faraday in Epsom has a big selection as well. In there last weekend,around five on pump and around twenty on top pressure!

I'm going to do it - I'm going to throw a few dates out there and see if there's any interest. Location TBC but somewhere walking distance from a decent station.

How does 16th or 17th of January suit people?

I'm going to do it - I'm going to throw a few dates out there and see if there's any interest. Location TBC but somewhere walking distance from a decent station.

How does 16th or 17th of January suit people?
Happy to do a meet, but not then,quite possibly not around.Any idea of where a likely venue would be?

I'm looking at renting a small workshop to tinker with bikes and brew in. Coming up with loads big enough for a couple of cars / breweries but a bit big (and expensive) for me. If anyone is tempted to split the cost to have some workshop space, please PM me. Talking in the ballpark of £75-100pp a month for a decent size space.

Latest posts

Back