SWMBO in hospital

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryanshelton

Landlord.
Reaction score
Swmbo has been suffering with gall stone problems for a few months now and the pain returned today so she rang doctors. Closed for staff training so she rang 111. Booked appointment at Ilkeston hospital for 410pm. Refers her immidiatly to QMC in nottingham so after getting the kids sorted(thier biological dad has had then overnight but he lives in lincolnshire!) we get to the hospital at 730.

920pm before we are seen they decide to keep her in overnight. Ive just got home(2am) to a very quiet house :( the robbing buggers @ the hospital tried charging me £25 for 7 hours parking! Luckily I found a hole in the fence and sneaked the car through. Oh and just to top it all off I woke up with stomach pain today, threw up twice and nearly passed out in the waiting room! Happy days :(

That's never good news to read. Home you're both feeling better soon though! :cheers:

Hope they get her sorted quickly and back home soon :thumb:

My OH had her gall bladder out a few weeks ago now. It took the doctors months to diagnose her.

When she had the pain attacks we spent many an hour in A&E waiting to get morphine, luckily she went through "choose & book" at the docs so went private (paid for by the NHS). She was operated on within two weeks.

She is doing great now though, eats what she wants and we don't have to worry about whether she will get "the pain" or not. I hope your OH gets it sorted soon!

That's a kick in the teeth, hope you're both feeling better soon man :thumb:

Thanks for all the replies guys I can always rely on THBF to cheer me up :) shes been told this morning she will have to stay in for at least a few more days. Shes bored as expected but ill take her some books up later :)

All the best to the pair of you!

How are you feeling now?

Gallstones can be unbelievably painful, and unfortunately some people are predisposed to suffer recurrent bouts. The only way then is a cholecystectomy (gall bladder removal), hopefully done laparoscopally (key-hole), that reduces recovery time. Don't be fooled by the term day-surgery though, you may be in and out in a day, but recovery still takes time.

Why were you sick?? was it just stress do you think??

Hope you're all well and sorted soon.

Brewbob said:
Gallstones can be unbelievably painful, and unfortunately some people are predisposed to suffer recurrent bouts. The only way then is a cholecystectomy (gall bladder removal), hopefully done laparoscopally (key-hole), that reduces recovery time. Don't be fooled by the term day-surgery though, you may be in and out in a day, but recovery still takes time.

Why were you sick?? was it just stress do you think??

Hope you're all well and sorted soon.

I think my sickness was down to my diclofenac ive been prescribed for my trapped nerve. Ive had all the possible side effects! Stopped taking them for the timr being, back at doctors tuesday.

In the meantime Stacey is back home, waiting for a date to remove her gall bladder and the kids are back too :) thanks for all the well wishes everyone :grin:

I have had some strong diclofenac in the past and had 1 very scary side effect!

glad all is looking up at home!

being on diclofenac and then moved to naproxan put me in the hospital a few months ago! it had ulcerated my small intestine, not pleasant!

I'm just waiting for a scan to confirm either Kidney Stones or Arthritis of the Spine . . .either ones could put me on NSAIDs for an extended period of time . . .not looking forward to it, although I don't tend to react to NSAIDs the way most do (ie ulcers, stomach pain)

Watch out fot the bloody stools!

that scared the hell out of me! :oops:

Lunch anyone?? :shock:

Latest posts

Back