Taking beer to a party

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brobin

Reaction score
Hi All,

What is the best thing to take beer to a party in?

My beer is currently in 2 barrels which I don't want to disturbe and so I want to transfer some to a travel container.

I know some pubs do a carryout in a plastic flagon type container, but I can't find anything like it

Those carryout things are ace, try your local microbrewery, if they have a bar they will probably do them, mine does them for £1.75 each.

Failing that, get the beer as cold as you can in the keg (so it absorbs lots of c02) then transfer to plastic bottles.

A T said:
brobin said:
Hi All,

My beer is currently in 2 barrels which I don't want to disturbe

Bring some Stella :D

:D i'm pleased to hear that you've stopped recommending SKOL AT

brobin said:
Hi All,

My beer is currently in 2 barrels which I don't want to disturbe and so I want to transfer some to a travel container.

I know some pubs do a carryout in a plastic flagon type container, but I can't find anything like it

I personally turn up a day early with my keg and leave it to settle for 24 hours. Then party on!
But then this does depend on the party being somewhere I can get access and can trust it to be for 24 hours without problems. But then again if I don't trust the party, then im not taking my beer there so :D

I rack off a cornie bright and take that along with my patented mobile gas system.

I'm taking a firkin to the next one.

I live about 25miles away from the brewery in Northampton Jim. Almost took a job there 2 years ago, that was untill i saw the light and decided stay in IT.

Might be worth bottling a percentage of your brew. That way you've got some 'proper' stuff in a small barrel for home consumption and some bottles for giving away/taking to parties. The bag-in-a-box thingies look quite handy too. The Happy Brewer in Bedford had a few for sale when I popped in yesterday and I think he sells online.

Back