Tamworth and surrounding areas home brew club

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAK

Reaction score
Hello,

Anyone from Tamworth or nearby on here who would be interested in forming a home brewing club?

If there already is one I'm unaware of please point me into the right direction :hat:

Hey Matt,

Awesome, know anyone else who might be interested? If we can get a few of us we can go for a beer in town and try and arrange something proper? Maybe a bottle swap or something, the guys at churchend are really friendly, maybe we can organise a meet there and get a brewery tour aswell

I dont really know any other local lads into brewing. I stumbled on this thread with a google search lol. I know a guy who makes wine, may find out if he dabbles in the malt.

Im up for meet up up though when ive got a brew to produce :)

In the new year ill be starting full production, ive only got the stuff for wine atm
Im goin deep into beer new year :)

Where in Tamworth do you live?

I'm actually now living in Piccadilly just outside Kingsbury (Right next to the oil depot), im brewing all grain with a 50L SS system I put together mostly myself.

If we can get a couple of us we can meet in town and organise something in the future?

Im game even if its just the 2 of us swapping some brews.

Im gonna try doing extract brews for the first 6 to 12 months then slowly branch out into the all grain.

I'm in Walsall but would be interested in meeting, just to swap beer and ideas.

Over the last two years I've done 12 extract brews and most recently 9 AG brews

Awesome, so you guys be interested in going for a beer before or after the Christmas period?

I'd have some bottles to swap after but nothing before.

What you thinking, meeting for a pint somewhere? Don't really know Tamworth all that well, any decent real ale pubs?

Yeah, the sir Robert peel usually has three or four decent beers on. Probably our best option in Tamworth anyway.

Alternatively we could go to Churchend brewerys taproom?

Hello all.

Just noticed this thread. I'm in Amington and would most definitely be up for a meet.

The Robert Peel isn't bad from what I've heard, although I've never been in. I like The Gate in Amington as the beer is usually good, despite frequent changes of management. I'm easy though and like the idea of the Church End taproom....

I currently brew a variety of kits, extract brews and small AG BIAB brews, and am feeling my way in to it all while I build up my selection of kit. I hope to be able to have a 23l AG set up by the spring, but until then I cobble together 10l batches on the ceramic hob. Not ideal. My Christmas might be quite forthcoming in this respect. Or not. We'll see.

I've only been brewing for about 8 months with any intent, and am very excited with the results. I've done about three kits, two extract brews and three BIAB. That's all. I did run a brew pub in the late 80's and early 90's though, so had good exposure to the process and terminology from spending quality time with the brewer.

So, definitely up for a meet somewhere, most likely post Christmas, what with work, kids and planning to be away for the festive period.

Let's set a date!

Church End tap room sounds good, I've sampled a few of theirs over the years. Ideally though could do with somewhere vaguely near a train station. Saying that, for a first meet I'd happily drive

That'd be the only issue with churchend, the train station is a fair distance from the brewery and would require a taxi each way. Purely for the logistics maybe meet in the peel to introduce ourselves in person, then we could arrange something at churchend or somewhere similar not to long after?

Met a few of the brewers at churchend, and I sometimes buy a bag of MO from them. I'm sure if I dropped a email in advanced it could be somewhere we bring in our own bottles to share around (providing we still use the bar im sure!).

As for setting a date, I'm guessing the weekend suits most people best? So any Saturday in Jan? The peel gets rather busy at times, so I'm thinking early afternoon?

The weekend is good for me. Jan sounds good. Prob best to avoid the 9th, this is my bday. Im sure some of my family may wanna see me instead of me dissapearing to the pub. If there is no other day though i can make it work.

I'm pretty sure that works for me, too.

I'll check and confirm.

So we recognise each other, we should dress as a piece of brewing equipment. I'll come as a Mash Tun.

Looking forward to it.

Back