TC dosnt taste like Apple cider

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SavageWolf

Reaction score
hey guys my TC has stop bubbling. so i gave it a lil taste lol
it tast like cider but not really appley if you know what i mean. it dosnt really smelly like apples eathir.
is there anything i can do. i dont know how strong it is but it tast bloody strong, stronger than stronbow.

any help would be great thx

I know what you mean...mine is the same, the most "appley" cider I've tried was Tubby Shaws, the yeast he uses is the key I think, hopefully Tubby will be along to tell us what it is as I cant remember.

Well remembered Aleman :thumb:

The secret to making good TC is Apple juice, from concentrate, value juice is fine :thumb:
A touch of tannin if you like the mouth puckering dry taste, WLP 775 Cider Yeast and patience.
No sugar no honey no nothing just the juice and yeast is enough to give 6% abv :D
A few have had this yeast from me and although they report to me that the resulting cider is good they seem shy to post on the forum ;)

So is there anything that i can do to make it taste more appley ?. ity tast mmmmmm ok but not enought to think mm i fancey some off that cider you know lol.

SavageWolf said:
So is there anything that i can do to make it taste more appley ?. ity tast mmmmmm ok but not enought to think mm i fancey some off that cider you know lol.

Tubby is pretty spot on IMO. No sugar or 'extra's needed. The key is a good cider yeast. It makes the world of difference. I've added peel from a few apples to the FV and you do get more apple taste but I wouldn't say it improves the overall cider personally. I like my TC just as it is. Mental, easy drinking, easy brewing and easy to go half blind from a few pints. :thumb:

Ok just bottled it and well, or tho its not very well appley lol its still nice and megga strong! lol
I made the mistake of adding suggar something i wont try again.

I am hearing alot about Yeast from Toby and how well it works and how good it is.
so i was wondering wether i can acquier some of this magical yeast. So toby if your reading this Plz let me know :pray:

I made my 1st batch with apple juice and GP yeast-I found it TOO appley. made the next batch with 3L apple juice and 1.5L Pear crush-I found it much better.

SavageWolf said:
I made the mistake of adding suggar something i wont try again.
The fact that you've added sugar will make it stronger, but it will also make it thinner, therefore losing some of that appliness (word?).

Back