TC too clear to bottle?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wez

Landlord.
Reaction score
Looks like I took my eye off the ball with my latest batch (4.5L) of TC and it's almost crystal clear in the demi.

I would like to bottle it and get a good level of carbonation - am I going to have to swirl it around to resuspend the yeast and then let it start to settle out again before bottling and adding priming sugars? :?

why not rack it to a bottling bucket and grab yourself a few table spoons of the slurry instead of flicking up the whole lot?

you could always call it scrumpy ;)

have you run out of cornies mate? :P

Hey guys,

Going to keg myn tonight I think - but is it an issue if you keg it when it appears clear?

After taking a sample of my TC it seemed pretty clear inthe trial jar!

Reckon I should stir it up before I drop in my campden tablets?

it's only an issue if you intend to let it naturally carbonate. if your force carbonating it then clear beer wont matter and using campden is fine.

if your bottling your cider or putting it in a keg that needs to be primed, and not stickin it in that nice shiny corny keg of yours then dont use campden, it'll kill the yeast and there'll be nothing left to eat the sugar and make CO2. it also helps if there's still yeast in suspension for natural carbonation.

Latest posts

Back